Review of "Amazon.co.uk"

Pro Good easy shopping experience
Cons None

"Amazon.co.uk"

Introduction

This is an online retailing website that sells a vast array of books, electronic consumer items, dvds and other household goods. I have used amazon.co.uk in buying a laptop, dvds, as well as buying seeds for flowers online. I find the payment processing system to be hassle free, though I perhaps do not like to keep re entering my password the button pushing is very straightforward in placing and paying for a small order. I have had one experience of using the customer service support line which was used in order to chase up an order which to be honest re assured me that my laptop was on its way to my address.

On Amazon I do like that the fact that I can add gift vouchers which I earned on some survey websites including valuedopinions to my gift card balance. I am happy with the searching of the products as a whole. I find that the pricing is made clear though perhaps the delivery charges are not known properly until the product that I am interested in buying is shown at the order and review stage.

Amazon website security

When viewing amazon.co.uk I can see that when I am logged on and browsing the website my details are safe and secure as the website uses a https format, as well as encrypted security Verisign class 3. The same thing can not be said about a number of other websites.

Ordering from Amazon

This is a simple and easy way to shop online from my experience using the Amazon.co.uk website. People can enter what they want to purchase and in the search part of the screen there will be an almost exact search result of what the user has entered into the search and people can then browse the results and select which ones they want to buy.

The purchase tracking function is where an buyer signs into his or her account and they can view when and what they bought. As well as this, an account holder can get an estimate in days of when they are likely to receive the order. As a lot of the items advertised are not all sold by amazon themselves the delivery dates are likely to vary.

I have found sometimes the delivery of certain items to be quite slow as the seller often delays contacting me via e mail regarding the delivery of the items ordered. One one occasion I made an order of plant pots only for the seller to say the order I had placed had been discontinued. This I find a waste of time in ordering items that really are not available. This part of the Amazon marketplace should really be made more clearer, as well as sellers really should have the items they sell to deliver immediately after the receipt of the money and the order.

The good thing about the ordering process on amazon.co.uk is that people are able to check up on the delivery and status of the order though this section is not great. Sometimes the seller does not even confirm through the purchase tracking function that the item has been delivered.

All in all I find ordering from amazon.co.uk a pleasure and though I find that not all of there products asides from books and dvd's are quite competitive, I do find that the prices of other goods are slightly more expensive on amazon.co.uk. One must also factor into account the cost of delivery. Overall I find the website to be good, the site is updated quite regularly with special offers on certain items, the navigation in the account holder section is very good. The speed of the website along with the quality of the content is also good.

• livelylad published 25/12/2009
    My wife uses Amazon all teh time. Greta review.
  • ChemicalRomance published 23/12/2009
    Amazing seem to not like me, the amount of times they have messed up my order and charged my twice.. Yet I still seem to use them when it's not my money involved!! Nice review xx
  • larsbaby published 23/12/2009
    I always get confused as to what is Amazon and what is Amazon marketplace - they should make it a bit clearer