Review of "Amazon.co.uk"

published 29/06/2011 | fpring
Member since : 29/06/2011
Pro Versatile, cost-effective, informative, fast delivery, excellent customer service
Cons Too many great things to choose from
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Amazing service from Amazon"

I thought I ought to write a favourable review having written a rather derogatory one for someone else. I thought I'd write it for Amazon as I am rather a fan.

The first thing is the extraordinary range of products available. I thought of them primarily for books then maybe other media products like DVDs but the other day I bought some drill bits from them. I bought 5 drill bits cheaper, including postage, than my local shops would sell one (but my local shops don't usually stock the size I want). I ordered on a Bank Holiday Sunday evening and I had them on the Tuesday morning.

Another great thing about Amazon is you can read customer reviews about the products to help you make up your mind. The pros and cons are independently discussed.

Another great thing is that you don't have to buy the product from Amazon itself, you can choose to have your order referred to a third party supplier (which may be cheaper). I've bought quite a few books for a 1p + the £2.80 delivery charge

You can have the item delivered elsewhere. Which is useful when buying gifts. The packaging is very good.

Once, I purchased an expensive book which was delivered whilst I was away. The postman left it outside and it rained heavily. The book was ruined. I wasn't sure what to do but I consulted Amazon thinking that they could advise me on making a claim from the post office. Without a moment's quibble, Amazon assumed responsibility and replaced the book. I was very impressed.

The site is very well organised. I use it as a reference tool even when I'm not thinking on an immediate purchase.

On the whole, Amazon is my favourite website through which to make purchases and I would highly recommend it.

• kevin121 published 29/06/2011