Amazon.co.uk

Review of "Amazon.co.uk"

published 24/04/2013 | ConsumerDave
Member since : 24/04/2013
Pro Delivery is good.
Cons Can received stock that has been used.
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Amazon.co.uk: Not to be trusted!"

I placed an order with Amazon.co.uk that was “Temporarily out of stock”, after a few months I enquired when I would be getting the order. I was contacted that they had no idea and thus they cancelled my order. When I wrote back to Amazon.co.uk, they replied with an offer that I place the order with a fulfilled by Amazon seller and they would refund the difference in price from the order originally placed with Amazon. When I got in touch to do this they refused stating that it was an error to of made me this offer, despite having written proof.
To summarise they cancel an order when I queried its stock status, they didn’t even inform me a beforehand that they were not able to get stock. They then offer a compensation, which really isn’t its giving me the item through one of the fulfilled by Amazon sellers at the same price. Nonetheless, when I contact them to go through with this offer they tell me it’s not possible and has been offered in error. Lately, I’ve seen a deterioration in quality of service and products received i.e. I have clearly received stock that has been returned by another seller and this has happened frequently of late.

• thedevilinme published 24/04/2013
    I agre with what you say but every business lets us down in some way.