Amazon.co.uk

Web Marketplace, Books, Movies & Music

Review of "Amazon.co.uk"

published 28/05/2013 | Steinar
Member since : 28/05/2013
Pro fair prices and a good selection of items
Cons friendly but unhelpful service if there is a problem with your order
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"Still waiting for my in-stock item to ship six months later!!"

On December 20th I ordered a Yamaha A-S500 amplifier from Amazon.co.uk, through Amazon Global (I live in Norway). It was in stock, and delivery date no later than Jan 25th was promised. Then on Jan 25th, the delivery estimate was revised by a month to Feb 20th or thereabout. This has kept up in a continuous cycle of missed promises and revised delivery estimates and it is now almost June and I still have no amp. Amazon.co.uk customer service has been of no help, I get replies from representatives in an outsourced customer service central, that are unable to do anything for me except to send internal emails and to simply promise that "this time we really will deliver by the delivery estimate". During this entire period the item has been in stock, and the delay is due to a "technical problem".

Overall I am very unsatisfied with Amazon.co.uk and their handling of my order.
I have used Amazon.co.uk other times and been very happy, but beware that the service level you will encounter if there is a problem with your order is going to be friendly but totally unhelpful.

• 1st2thebar published 28/05/2013