Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Review of "Ambrosia Creamed Rice"

published 21/02/2002 | Deni
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro see op
Cons none
Smell
Product Quality

"TANTALIZE YOUR TASTE BUDS"

It’s white and a little lumpy, very creamy and tastes delicious and I just love a mouthful or two. In case you were wondering what am I talking about, well of cause it has to be Ambrosia creamed rice one of my favorite puddings.

This delightful pudding has been around since 1917 and is made by using fresh milk in the lovely countryside of Devon. It comes in a 425g tin, which costs between 55p and 70p, depending on where you purchase it. It is widely available at all major supermarkets and little convenience shops everywhere. Did you know that there is actually a glass and a half of milk in every 425g can?

Ambrosia rice is essentially low in fat and suitable for vegetarians; it also contains a good source of calcium, which is important for healthy teeth and bones. Rice is a good natural source of complex carbohydrates, which gives you an energy boost throughout the day. The beauty of this rice pudding is that it is free from artificial colours, flavorings and preservatives. Ambrosia do in fact have a lower fat rice on the market, which is easily recognized as it has a light blue coloured labeled tin, instead of the normal blue colour.

As this is a tinned product, it has a long life expectancy, usually about a year and a half, so you can stock up your cupboards, when its appears on special offer. I just bought a pack of three tins at my local co-op for 99p, at the weekend, which was a great deal.

This rice can be served cold or hot, which ever you prefer, it can be heated gently in a saucepan, which only takes around 4 minutes or you can microwave it on full power for 2 minutes, following the instructions on the tin. Whichever way you decide to heat it, it tastes the same, simply delicious. I love to add a spoonful of strawberry jam to it and mix it in, this was something that my dads taught me, when I was a child, and have never grown out of it. If you want to have you rice cold then why not try adding some ice cream, this also tastes wonderful.

INGRDIENTS:

Full Cream Milk
Whey
9% Rice
Sugar

MY VIEW:

It’s a very convenient food, ready in less than 5 minutes, great if you are in a hurry, or stuck for something to feed the kids after dinner. It’s a very wholesome pudding, which is so creamy and just tastes divine. I have tried supermarkets own brands of tinned rice and they are no where as good; they lack the certain something that you can find in Ambrosia, and I’m sure a lot of you that have tried both will know and agree with me. It has to be the best selling tinned rice on the market and if you have never tasted it, then you really don’t know what your missing. I can certainly recommend this delicious treat and don’t just take my word for it, go and try it now.

Thanks for reading bye for now Deni

• susanjane published 13/03/2002
    Very nicely written. I love creamed rice, especially Ambrosia. Perfect comfort food, straight out of the tin!
  • Honey_Bee published 05/03/2002
    Reading this reminds me, my dad hasnt made his rice pudding for ages!! :o) Thanks for the great op.
  • Anindya published 23/02/2002
    Sounds delicious. Nice op.