Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Review of "Ambrosia Creamed Rice"

published 21/10/2003 | 2Quizzy
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro creamy and rich. Easy to heat. Easy to store.
Cons In a larger family one tin won't be enough.
Smell
Product Quality

"Addictive Ambrosia"

Up until recently the only rice pudding I’d ever tasted was home made and disastrous. My mother is a superb cook, but rice pudding is where she met her nemesis.

So it was with great caution that I approached my first tin of Ambrosia at the recommendation of my husband. He’s a creamoholic with a picky palate where flavours are concerned so I took the plunge – and plunged in a spoon. Wow! What a revelation. So THIS is what rice pudding can taste like when made properly? I was an instant convert.

I love the light texture, not too lumpy yet not too smooth. Just enough texture to remind you that you are eating a “rice” pudding. And the taste is brilliant, in my opinion. Rich, creamy and gently sweet it reminds me of the tinned evaporated milk mom used to pour over tinned fruit on Sundays.

I’ve had Ambrosia cold, but must say the “rich and cream” comes off better when it is heated. It heats equally well in a microwave or the more conventional way and is extra gorgeous served with a big dollop of fruit preserve and cream.

• miss_motivator published 23/10/2003
    i haven't had this for ages ~ and i used to really enjoy it. i prefer it cold though. i must buy some during my next shopping visit. take care, karen
  • Lizard_Lover published 21/10/2003
    If you could add the price, availability and nutritional info, I will happily re-read for you. Sara x
  • Cici_Ying published 21/10/2003
    not too keen on rice pudding, think school putme off for life