Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Ambrosia Creamed Rice

Review of "Ambrosia Creamed Rice"

published 19/12/2008 | Sarahjh1
Member since : 02/11/2008
Pro A good low fat tinned rice
Cons none
Smell
Product Quality

"Ambrosia Creamed Rice Pudding"

Ambrosia was founded in 1917 and the company initially produced infants food. Today Ambrosia is most definitely one of Britain's most loved brands. Ambrosia products use no artificial colouring or preservatives.
Every can of Ambrosia contains one and a half glasses of skimmed milk, so as well as being a delicious pudding it is packed with calcium to help produce strong bones and teeth.
Ambrosia is part of Premier foods, the UK`s largest food producer.

Ambrosia rice pudding is a firm favourite in our household. The taste is unique and try as I might I have never been able to make a rice pudding that tastes quite as good!
Ambrosia rice pudding is made with semi-skimmed milk and is low fat, it is also fine for vegetarians. The rice is also gluten free.
The pudding is delicious eaten hot or cold and I always remember school dinners when we used to have rice pudding with a blob of jam in the middle. One of my favourites is the Ambrosia with sultanas and nutmeg added, a lovely winter pudding.

Many of the old fashioned puddings have regained their popularity. You will notice that Sainsbury`s, Marks and Spencer's , Morrison's and Tesco`s to name but a few all have their own brand of homemade rice pudding. Many of these are lovely to eat but very high in calories, they tend to have double or clotted cream added to them.
Ambrosia rice has all of the flavour and goodness but a lot less calories.
Ambrosia rice is sold in cans or single serving pots, in standard or low fat varieties.

I have tried hard to recreate the flavour in a Homemade rice pudding but have never succeeded!
I often cook my milk pudding and then twenty minutes before serving it I add some Carnation milk, it makes it very rich and creamy. I have also added nutmeg and sultanas.
I will hold up my hands to being a `skin pincher` if there's one thing that I will fight to the bitter end for it has to be the rice pudding skin.

Ambrosia rice pudding is a brilliant pudding,served alone or with fruit. All of the family enjoy it and at about 79p a tin it doesn't cost a fortune.

• SweetTooth93 published 24/12/2008
    I quite liked the Ambrosia custard but don't think i'd like the rice pudding xx
  • redeyes22 published 20/12/2008