American Crew Fiber

American Crew Fiber

Review of "American Crew Fiber"

published 13/01/2008 | RufusUK
Member since : 01/03/2007
Pro Excellent styling, matt effect, easy to use, actually works and holds
Cons Higher than most price, availablility
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?

"Crew Fibre, THE best hair product"

I spent months trying to find the right product for my hair. I'm not a poser, I'm not a hairdresser, I'm just someone that likes to make an effort with their appearance.

Many of the 'off the shelf' products available in the supermarkets and even some salons are all the same and produce dissapointing effects. I got bored with products all under different names, making different claims which all turned out to be some sort of slimey goo and never offered me the hold or style that I wanted, despite what it said on the packaging!

I then came across American Crew Fibre. In short, this product is exactly what I've been searching for, and this is why.

Unlike the others, Crew Fibre is a unique product. It doesn't look, feel or even smell the same as the rest and it creates the kind of styles not possible with the others. Another plus is that it actually lasts! No longer do you have to worry about a bit of rain or a gust of wind spoiling your hair on a night out, this stuff holds and allows you to restyle while out and about without having to resort to more being applied.

Another bonus is that this creates a matt effect. If you're tired of greasy or wet looking hair from using hair gels or some slime type products you'll love this. It looks like a natural hold and you can't tell there's a product being used here.

There are some downsides however, the first being that it's not the cheapest of products. At over £10 for a standard puck it's almost 3 times the cost of supermarket products. Having said that, you only need a small amount so a puck will last you a good while and it's quality far surpasses that of the cheaper products.

Another issues if the availability. It was a salon only product, you'll never find it at Tesco while you grab your groceries, which is a shame. I guess this is part of trying to make it slightly exclusive or that little bit special. However it is available on the internet these days and if you search on Ebay you'll find some sellers doing 2 pucks for the price of one in the salons.

And finally, the last problem is that people will nick it! My wife uses mine, my mates 'borrow' it and if I use it at work after a shower I really have to watch out for it walking off! It's very popular and once people try it they're soon converted.

So to sum up, an excellent product, suits nearly all hair and could very well be the answer you're looking for to end those bad hair days or pull off that style you've been trying for. There's no other product I've found yet that even comes close to this.

offers "American Crew Fiber"