American Express

American Express

Review of "American Express"

published 21/10/2008 | agosling
Member since : 20/10/2008
Pro Travel insurance, Priority Pass
Cons The above for a lot less money and lack of acceptance
Competitiveness of APR
Product package
Quality of Customer Service
Reward Scheme
Additional Charges

"Centurion Card"

As an American Express card holder since '91 it was with heavy heart that I cancelled my membership.
The Centurion card (a £650 per year, by invitation only, charge card) must represent the worst value for money amongst all the different cards on the market, black or otherwise.
Even the staff at Amex agree that Platinum, in reality, is every bit as good as the Centurion but less than half the price.
When I explained my various disappointments with the whole Centurion experience the response I got frankly begged belief.
Little or no interest in retaining my membership. I politely told them what they could do with their card and now I feel like a great weight has been lifted. I've kidded myself for all these years that Amex was something special. It's not.

• Cat199 published 21/10/2008
    Welcome to Ciao. Sorry for my rating this time, it is because there was not really enough information here. I do not know what a centurion card is, what it purports to offer or why you are so disillusioned with it. If you update with a bit more detail, please let me know and I will come back for another read.
  • majeedkazi published 21/10/2008