Andrex Shea Butter Toilet Tissue

Andrex Shea Butter Toilet Tissue

Toilet Tissue

Review of "Andrex Shea Butter Toilet Tissue"

published 09/04/2012 | dreamer87
Member since : 19/03/2010
Really appreciate all rates - thank you, still get very excited for each E that I receive! Can anyone tell me what a diamond is? I keep seeing it mentioned but not sure...?
Pro Soft, nice scent
Cons Price!

"Shea Butter Loo Roll?! Whatever next!"

I know toilet roll / loo roll / toilet tissue isn't the most exciting product to review here on Dooyoo by far but haing just sampled this product I felt I had to share my views whilst it's fresh in my memory! In our house we normally opt for the basic toilet tissue, usually shops own brand. Toilet tissue can be such an expensive buy and can add quite a lot to the total of your shopping bill so I tend to like to spend as little as possible on this disposable product.

The reason we currently have this in our house is that I totally forgot to pick some toilet tissue up on my most recent shopping trip which meant we ran out today which meant I sent the boyfriend off down the shops. He likes a good bargain like myself and found this Andrex 'Touch of luxury' toilet tissue enriched with Shea Butter. All sounds a bit posh to me but the packaging does look lovely and the rolls feel really soft and cushiony in the wrapping. The wrapping is chocolate brown in colour with the little Andrex puppy resting on top of the Andrex brand name.

I tore open the wrapping and took out a roll, it felt very soft and bouncy and has grooves running down the length of the roll to give it some texture. The rolls are cream coloured and actually have a bit of a Shea butter scent to them, although this isn't advertised on the packaging, the scent is quite cocoa like. The rolls are two ply with an average of 160 sheets per roll and an average roll length of 20 meters.

This really does feel lovely on the skin, having used basic toilet tissue for so long I really had forgotten how different a luxury tissue could feel. Even still, the full price of this product would add far too much onto my shopping bill so it wouldn't be a purchase I'd make whilst this product was full priced. I may well purchase this again when on offer though although the offer would have to be good! The offer we took advantage of today was 2 packs of 4x rolls for £3.50. So eight rolls for £3.50, this offer was at our local Co-op. All in all this isn't bad compared to others on the market but although this little luxury is nice, my usual basic purchase is half this price for 12 rolls so I won't be buying this often!

The toilet tissue feels very thick so you don't have to use many sheets at all so this would last longer than thinner, cheaper alternatives. I've heard you can buy a pack of 9 rolls for around £4.50 but obviously this would differ depending what supermarket you went to.

As a one off treat this is a luxury item and I'd give it 5 stars, I'd love it to be cheaper so I could have it all the time! Hoping for more offers to tempt me!

Thanks for reading, also previosly posted on Dooyoo.

• Alyson29 published 12/04/2012
    This sounds very luxurious x
  • lilloulfc published 10/04/2012