marsland1 5

marsland1

About me: Lost my mother recently so sorry for not being around much.

Member since:03.05.2010

Nothing compares!

23.07.2011

Advantages:
good quality, value for money, choice of colours

Disadvantages:
none

20 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Coloneljohn
  2. KathEv
  3. TheHairyGodmother

I don't know about you but I can notice the difference between quality toilet tissue and cheap ones! I really dislike it when I go into a restaurant, use their bathroom and then find that they have awful, cheap, scratchy toilet tissue. It is not something which is at all comfortable to use and usually it's ability to be absorbent is next to none. With all the offers that the shops have on to try to entice us to buy different products I have worked my way through many different brands of toilet tissue but always end up going back to Andrex as I think it's the best in terms of quality.

Andrex toilet tissue is very well known. You will know it by the little labrador puppy which helps to advertise it. They have several different kinds of toilet tissue- you can buy it with 'quilting' on it, shea butter inside it, aloe vera within it and also several different colours.

I often find that the price of Andrex varies immensely depending upon where you buy it from, in what quantities and if there are special offers. For a pack of 4 in a supermarket it is usually around £1.80 which is quite expensive, I have come across it for £1 in a pound shop before so stocked up whilst I could! You can buy it in bigger quantities- 9 and 12 too.

It comes in a plastic wrapper which is easy to open and the larger packets have a handle at the top so you can carry it easier which is very useful.

The rolls are said to be 'softer and longer' than any others. I don't know whether they are actually any longer, I have never sat and counted, but I definitely find they are softer. As with most toilet tissue the tissue is two tissues thick and the little tear for each piece is well made so that when you rip a piece off it will generally come away with both layers. I really dislike it when you have toilet tissue that seems to come apart so the two layers end up being separated or the tear isn't in the same place for both layers!

When using this it's very soft, there is no scratchy feeling at all. It is quite thin but this doesn't affect it's quality, in fact, I prefer it. The quilted tissue is much thicker and I find that actually isn't as soft or comfortable to use.

If I have a cold and I'm forever blowing my nose and the skin around my nose becomes sore I find that Andrex is still soft enough to use whereas other brands have irritated it too much.

In terms of how absorbent it is it certainly does impress. We have many spillages around the house with having young grandchildren and we find that we have a roll of toilet tissue at hand most days! Just a little bit will absorb a spilt drink.

I buy this in 'natural' colour which is slightly off-white but it is available in a variety of shades so you can find whatever shade you like or suits your bathroom!

I find that with Andrex it lasts longer than cheaper brands because you do not need to use as much, therefore, a cheaper brand probably isn't actually any cheaper as you would get through it faster.

I am very pleased with Andrex and like I said I always end up turning back to this even after trying other brands. I don't think anything is as soft so I am very pleased with this and will continue to buy it!

Alyson29 23.07.2011 21:57

I haven't bought these in years due to their price, but Andrex is definitely the best x

killiefan 23.07.2011 21:21

You always get good quality with andrex!

lilloulfc 23.07.2011 20:36