Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support

Review of "Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support"

published 19/09/2017 | sellerleygirl
Member since : 15/02/2015
♬ •♩ All we need is rates!! •♩ Everybody!!•♩ All we need is rates!! ♩ •♬
Pro Makes bath time so much easier and enjoyable for parents and baby.
Cons Only availablae in pink or blue - so difficult to buy as a present for an expectant mum.
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Rub a dub dub baby in the tub!!"

Introduction

A few weeks ago, I wrote a review on a play mat I had passed on to a neighbour for their new baby; this review is on another product that I have passed on to little Freddie’s mummy and daddy – an Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support. Freddie is now the third baby to use this bath, and neither Freddie or his parents are a bit bothered that it is pink!!!

What is the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support?

This is an ergonomically designed bath support, that is especially designed to provide the best support, comfort and safety for a baby from birth up to 6 months of age.
The bath support comes in an aqua colour (blue) or pink and is made of soft TPE plastic. This material is especially designed to warm very quickly to the baby's body temperature and bath water
Although it is very strong it is also very light weight, weighing around 700g and measures around 22” x 13” x 8”. It is a white egg-shaped product with either a pink or aqua meshed centre and matching trim around the base. The support has an anti-slip base, two carry handles and a coloured hook (either aqua or pink) which means that the support can be easily hung on the wall. The coloured mesh material at the base lets the water drain away effortlessly from the bath support and it also dry quickly.
There is a water level indicator on bath support base and it has a maximum recommended weight capacity of 14kilos (30lbs), the manufacturer recommends only using this product until your baby can sit upright – by which time they will want to sit in the bath themselves anyway!

PRICE

The Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support has a RRP of £24.99 but can be picked up from around £16 at various outlets; it is available from all baby equipment shops (currently – Sept 2017 - £19.99 from Mothercare and £16 .50 from Mammas and Papas and Kiddicare), from department stores, mail order catalogues, Amazon (from £15.99) and from E Bay (From 1p used and £10 new)

MANUFACTURER’S WARNINGS

• Never leave your child unattended while bathing.
• Recommended for babies up to 6 months of age.
• Maximum weight capacity: 30 lbs (14 kg).
• DEHP, BBP and DBP free.
Why I had the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support

My niece passed this bath support onto me three years ago when my youngest grandson was born and was coming to stay with us with his parents for two weeks while they had some work done in their house. The support was then about a year old and had been used by my niece for her daughter.
I had previously been going to buy a baby bath for Thomas to use to save his parents bringing a bath with them,

The support was then about a year old and had been used by my niece for her daughter, but it still looked brand new, it cleans really easily and as it is mould-resistant, does not mark.
I have, as I said in the introduction, my daughter (who pinched it when she went home) gave it to pass it onto my neighbour who is currently using it for her 2-month-old baby, she has used it since his birth.
How did the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support make your life easier?

MY NIECE’S ANSWER

“I wish I had had this bath support for my first baby; It was so handier than a baby bath and saved an aching right hand from supporting my Imogen’s head.”

MY DAUGHTER’S ANSWER

“Loved this when we stayed at Mum’s – in fact I took it home with me to use for the next 5 months. Thomas loved to kick around in it in the bath, and he could see around well and interact with me when I bathed him.”

FREDDIE’S MUM’S ANSWER

“My husband works on local farms milking cows, and so is often not around at bath time, so it is left solely to me. This support has made me a lot more confident when bathing Freddie. Thanks Sue!”.

MY ANSWER

Baby bath time has come a long way since I bathed my ‘baby boy’, 21 years ago!
Remembering those times, I remember how the baby bath always seemed to be in the way so I love that the Angelcare Bath Support came with a hook so I can hang it to dry and to store after bath time.
General Opinion

I would absolutely recommend this baby bath support to any friend/parent or grandparent. It is absolutely brilliant and all the three babies who have used the one I had all loved it. Bigger babies can often outgrow a baby bath quite quickly, this bath support is perfect then for them until they are sitting up themselves. They can sit in it in the big bath and kick their legs; I find that the babies seem a lot more chilled out at bath-time, as are their carers - knowing that they are totally secure in this support and baby isn't going to bang their head every time they kick.
It seems to stay put and stick to bottom of bath without moving or slipping too much, although I think suction pads may help the slight slipping that can occur and I found it to be especially good for washing Thomas’s hair (and he had a right mop of hair!), as the water just ran out through mesh and didn’t get on his face much.

I would certainly recommend buying one of these rather than a bulky baby bath as it can be used safely from birth. It makes baby’s bath time so much easier for mum and fun for baby. It is lightweight, spacing saving, easy to clean and looks good too. I think that it also t encourages a baby’s development as it encourages them to kick

This is a useful item for taking on holiday as it can also be used in the base of a shower - my daughter took it with her on a caravan holiday when Thomas was little, she said it was far easier than bathing him in the small kitchen sinkl!

The price is maybe a little steep for the amount of time you will use it, but I would still recommend it as it is well made and lasts well – especially recommended for someone starting their family as it can be reused time and time again, as I have found out .

I would really recommend this item for grandparents who frequently have young grandchildren staying over, just watch thet their parents don't opinch it when they go home!!

If I could change one thing about the Angelcare Soft Touch Bath Support what would it be?

I think that this bath support is more or less perfect as it is; however, there was only one little thing that I noticed. Occasionally the support would slide slightly during baby’s bath time, not very much but enough that I was aware of it a few times. Consequently, I would suggest some kind of suction pads for underneath to stop it sliding and to give extra stability.

Another thing is the colour, while I am not bothered about using pink or blue for boys or girls, I can appreciate that some people may prefer to have the choice a more gender-neutral colour (green or yellow maybe) than the pink and blue available now.
In Conclusion

All of us who have used the Angelcare Bath Support have loved it – and we all really recommend it. It’s very easy to clean, mildew resistant, lightweight, makes baby’s bath time a lot easier and more fun and is far easier to store than a regular baby bath.

Pictures

1. Freddie’s bath time
2. The support out of the bath
3. Leg support to stop baby slipping out
4. The hanging hoop
5. So easy to store
6. A bird’s eye view of the support

Thanks for reading I do hope that this review has been of some help!