Apollo XC.26

Apollo XC.26

The Apollo XC.26 Mens Mountain Bike with 18 speed Shimano gears and Front suspension

Review of "Apollo XC.26"

published 04/04/2009 | tobnot
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Satisfactory
Pro Price
Cons Cheap components
How does it compare to similar products?

"A cheap bike"

I bought the 2008 version of this exact bike from Halfords. Everything on this bike is the same apart from the paintwork.

I had a bad accident on my 'Apollo XC 26'. I was riding down a mild hill and my back wheel locked due to the cheap and flimsy V-brake. I went straight over the handlebars and shattered my collar bone. Also the chain was coming of practically every time I rode it.

In my opinion the bike is comprised of cheap components, as it's so cheap.

The one good thing about this bike is the price!!

If I ever bought this bike again i'd strip it right back to the frame and then replace everything else.

Overall i'd say that it's the right bike for you if your a beginner cyclist who won't be using it very often.

• TheHairyGodmother published 27/02/2011
    Sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review to make it helpful from the point of view of a consumer looking at making a purchase. If you update please leave a message in my guestbook and I will return to re-rate.
  • MI9to5 published 04/04/2009
    Thsi needs more opinion. xx