Apple Ipod Touch 16GB 6th Generation

Media Player - AAX, AIFF, WAV, MP3 VBR, MP3, HE-AAC, AAC - Battery Lifespan: 40 hours hour(s)

Review of "Apple Ipod Touch 16GB 6th Generation"

published 27/05/2016 | JaydonNolan
Member since : 27/05/2016
Currently studying for A-Levels, sorry for the lack of reviews, will try to continue to keep rating :)
Pro slim design, durable, easy to use, good sound quality, good camera quality, range of features
Cons low battery life, shuts down sometimes
Sound Quality
Ease of Use
Look & Design
Video Quality
Range of Features

"Great product - Apple Ipod Touch 16GB 6th Generation"

Apple Ipod Touch 16GB 6th Generation

Overall I have been really impressed with this product. The slim design is convenient and light, yet this doesn't take away from its features.
Both the front and back camera quality are to a higher standard than I expected with a range of filters included. I've also used this product to record drum covers, the sound quality is up to a good standard. There are also a range of apps that are compatible with the device that can be downloaded if you're looking to record instrumental covers (ex: garage band which came free when I purchased this device).
The layout of the device is easy to work and use; opened apps can are easily accessible by double clicking the home button making transitioning between apps simple.
There are also a lot of opportunities to use your iPod for your personal needs; settings reminders, leaving yourself notes, setting alarms and checking news and weather are simple to do on the first page of your home screen. The settings also allow you to edit font, screen colour etc to suit your own vision needs.
I've also noticed that the iPod works at a quick speed, even when storage is becoming full the performance speed doesn't deteriorate. In addition to this common apps can be quickly accessed by sliding up on the lock screen (this allows you to quickly access or turn on/off blue tooth, wifi, airplane mode, notifications, screen rotation, volume, torch, clock, calculator and camera).
Despite having the lowest storage out of the three 6th generation iPod touch products, I haven't found this too be too much of an issue. I was able to download 22 additional apps (disregarded the ones already downloaded when I purchased the product) and store over 1,000 photos/videos before I got notifications about low storage.
I didn't expect my iPod's durability to be high given it's slim physique, however after a few accidental drops my screen has stayed fully intact and there appears to be no internal damage to the product either.
The only problem I have really faced with this product is the low battery life, I've found it doesn't usually last longer than an hour or two (if used frequently) before requiring a full charge again. However, I've discovered that remembering to close apps and keeping screen brightness low can increase battery life. Also my iPod will occasionally shut down unexpectedly, I'm not sure what has caused this to happen, I feel that it may be when I leave numerous apps open at once.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 28/08/2016