Apple Magic Mouse

Apple Magic Mouse

Review of "Apple Magic Mouse"

published 02/06/2011 | jjcross
Member since : 15/05/2010
PF rules.... Is somebody cutting costs? And food and drink has gone down the loo too ;-) Nice one Ciao
Pro Looks great! Great simple to use features
Cons Your bank manager wont approve of the virus you caught of Apple!!!
Responsiveness
Robustness & durability
Look & feel
Range of extra features / functions

"A successful marriage to my MacBook Pro!!!"

I think Apple products must be some sort of virus. Like many people after going on a cruise they say they will not be doing anything else- which has happened to us as we are of on another in August. It is very much the same story with relationship with Apple products. At first I never was interested in Apple until I bought an Iphone and was very happy with it. I then needed a laptop- So of I went to PC world- bought a MacBook pro and handed over £1000! I then proceeded to buy an Apple Magic Mouse and further software for the Mac. It is therefore rather like a virus embedded into the brain once you buy Apple you NEVER EVER go back- but in a way I am glad!.

Why I bought it; I bought it simply because I am so used to desktop computers with mouse’s. I thought I may as well upgrade the whole experience and loved the look of the mouse and its features.

Responsiveness; I am very impressed with magic mouse here. It is very responsive and precise. The mouse is partially touchscreen; you can use this buy scrolling up and to the side with the mouse. The click icon is also very precise and responsive.

Robustness and Durability; In away I am a little disappointed with the mouse, although the mouse is fine after a drop, it is not very durable, it can scratch very easily, if put in your pocket. This is a bit of a shame because it is a very attractive piece of kit. Another point is when you move it around the desktop the bottom part can scratch easily (the black plastic that the mouse sits on) - even though that part was designed so you can move it around the desk without doing that.

Look and Feel; I love the look of the Apple magic mouse. It is a very attractive mouse. This is because they use high quality plastics and lovely aluminum plating- like they do on my Apple MacBook Pro. I love the fact the touchpad is one big area were you can click down. The left side is so you can enter icons- for example if you want to enter a Google search, the right side is so you can get up extra items- for example if you want to cut and paste. It all looks very smart and professional.

Ease Of Use; After using this mouse I have never really looked back. Even though I now use Mac's I sometimes use window with the old fashioned scrolling ball. The Apple Magic mouse is very easy to use. The touchscreen scrolling is so smooth and easy to get used to. The only thing is the small size of the mouse will take a bit of time to get used to- but you still find a comfortable position with your hand in the end!

Extra Features; There is- in my opinion no other substitute for the Apple Magic mouse, it really is one of a kind. I love the way you can scroll by softly running your finger down the mouse and scroll from side to side of the page- or completely leave the page and go to the previous page you were viewing on the Internet. The mouse is also wireless which is such a good idea- for obvious reasons- it uses the Mac's Bluetooth to connect with the Mac, which is almost instant! I keep learning new features on the mouse every day!!!

Manufacture Support; Every time the Mouse connects to the MacBook an interactive page pops up and shows you a few features on how to use the mouse. This is a very useful tool as I quickly learnt how to scroll and navigate. The people in Apple were also very helpful in accessorizing my MacBook too!

Instruction Manual; I never have actually used the manual. One reason for this is because it explains itself when you connect to the MacBook anyway. On a negative point however I found the print of the manual when I looked at it to be far to small to use- which really needs to be improved for other users!!

Value For Money; I understand for many £52.00 is very expensive- but do remember the Apple "virus" I mentioned before! The features on the mouse more than make up for the price tag!!!!

Verdict; A highly successful marriage to my MacBook Pro! Although expensive it really is worth a try- You really won't want to turn back once you have caught the Apple "virus'!!!!!!

• rebecca.134 published 19/01/2012
    :D :) xx
  • carcraig published 05/06/2011
    How much??? Yikes!
  • jarlcross published 03/06/2011
    Spendy but well worth it for the look of it.

offers "Apple Magic Mouse"

Product Information : Apple Magic Mouse

The same Multi-Touch technology first introduced on the revolutionary iPhone comes to the mouse. It's called Magic Mouse, and it's the world's first multi-touch mouse. Click anywhere, scroll in any direction, and swipe through images on its smooth, seamless top shell. It works wirelessly using Bluetooth, so you don't have to worry about cables or adapters cluttering your workspace.

Long Name: Magic Mouse, MB829Z/A Magic, Magic Laser Mouse