Apple Magic Mouse

Apple Magic Mouse

Review of "Apple Magic Mouse"

published 31/07/2012 | ms19
Member since : 02/03/2002
Rate me and il try to rate you back :-) x
Pro nice design, comfortable to use
Cons -
Responsiveness
Robustness & durability
Look & feel
Range of extra features / functions

"Sleek and Smooth Running"

I have a funny relationship with this Apple Wireless mouse, the reason being that it does take some getting used to. I have used the older Apple mice but not this one and from using a Microsoft mouse this one is definitely a lot more sensitive. A lot of my colleagues just do not like this mouse as they cannot control it but you just need to get used to using it and then it really can become the best mouse you have ever used. Doing design, I have to move around the screen a lot but from going to not being able to use this, I could not be without it now.

APPEARANCE

This mouse is very sleek it has a white glass design to it and of course the Apple logo on the top of it. The mouse is operated by 2 x AA batteries to keep it wireless and then the mouse automatically connects to the computer. There is a switch underneath which shows at green when this is on and nothing when it has been turned off. The mouse is very lightweight weighing only 181g and it moves around very quickly and is definitely very responsive. The design curves with my hand and I love how it feels.
APPLE MAGIC MOUSE

At first using this you will be confused at how screens are flying all over the place as this mouse is so responsive but you can alter the settings of this mouse to make it work for you. You can zoom in by sliding your hand upwards and if you slide to the side you slide across the screens of the Mac. There is the typical click feature which you use for almost anything and then right click or double click. There is then just slight movement to slide all around the software you are using to get around easily and scroll down pages.

Now, in terms of actually using this it is very fast paced and it is very easy to keep your hand on this and just use quick movements to get a great response. I find this comfortable for all day use and moving it on a mouse mat is great, it moves around right away, no delays and my hand just sits comfortable on the mouse as it tilts down at the front and being so thing it just seems moulded to my hand and that just adds to the ease of use with this mouse. I can use this all day at work and my hand still feels fine sitting on this.

I use this mouse all day at work so if we are thinking of it being n for 9 hours a day with constant use then running on just 2 x AA batteries it will use these up quickly. On average, I put new batteries in almost once every 3-4 weeks which isn't too bad considering how long I am using this for. I have to be honest I don't turn it off at night but with the screen being turned off I don't know if this would help save battery power or not. I would recommend rechargeable batteries if you are using this as much as I do, it will be more cost effective.

This mouse connects to your Mac using Bluetooth which is why it seems to connect so quick, you will know if it goes off as it will then say 'Mouse connected' when the mouse is back on. You do get a warning on your Mac when your mouse is running low on battery power so that you know to change these and I'd say you get the warning a day or so before the battery goes completely. Having a multi touch area on this mouse makes it so unique from any other mouse out there and when my battery went I couldn't think of using any other mouse.

I love that this mouse is not connected by a wire it gives more freedom of movement especially when on the computer drawing etc. If you are a creative like myself or want a mouse with more freedom and ease of movement then you definitely will want to get yourself this mouse as it is fantastic. Don't get frustrated on first use as it is well worth persevering with as now I get the best results using this mouse, even just for general surfing I can move around websites with speed.

COST

This mouse can be purchased from all Apple stores or you can buy it from Amazon. Apple are charging £59 for this whereas Amazon are charging just £52.52 which is a much better saving.

The official Apple website is http://www.apple.com/uk/.

• Nar2 published 01/08/2012
    Good review. Sadly I find it hard to work with Garageband or other music applications.

offers "Apple Magic Mouse"

Product Information : Apple Magic Mouse

The same Multi-Touch technology first introduced on the revolutionary iPhone comes to the mouse. It's called Magic Mouse, and it's the world's first multi-touch mouse. Click anywhere, scroll in any direction, and swipe through images on its smooth, seamless top shell. It works wirelessly using Bluetooth, so you don't have to worry about cables or adapters cluttering your workspace.

Long Name: Magic Mouse, MB829Z/A Magic, Magic Laser Mouse