Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB

Review of "Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB"

published 09/11/2010 | markom1974
Member since : 09/11/2010
Pro Portability, resolution, sound quality, user interface, browsing,
Cons Price.
Speed
Look & Feel
Memory / capacity
Comfort & Portability
Robustness & Durability

"I'm a converted Apple fan!"

Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB

I have to say that I was never a huge fan of Apple products, that is until my iPhone 3gS arrived back in January.

Since then I've been fairly convinced that Apple is not the work of the devil and yes, they do offer some phenomenal products, albeit at a price. If you ask me though, it's money well spent.

Now, my review of the iPad 64 GB.

What did I want with an oversized iPhone? Why not just stick with a laptop for streaming video? Well, for a start, it's certainly NOT a laptop and it's certainly NOT an iPhone! Quirky, fun, attractive, well, that's just the initial impression I got. Looking deeper into it, and I'm not the most technical person on the planet, so I'll save that for elsewhere, but the clarity of the screen, the sound, the ease of use were just three things that jumped right out at me. With the Wi-Fi, my earlier "It's not a laptop" comment could well be challenged! Do you want it to be a laptop? Do you want it to be your multimedia centre? It can be! There's nothing worse than lugging around your laptop here, there and everywhere yet you can perform the basic functions on the iPad.

It's a little heavier than I first expected but to be honest, it's a lot lighter than most tablets available today and the fact that the battery life was far better than I expected was a bonus.

Negatives, like I said earlier, I already have the iPhone 3gS. I don't know if this would merely be a purchase as a status symbol above necessity, but further to this I have two young kids who, the eldest (8 yrs old) has mastered the interface already! It's great for him surfing or when they are both in the back of the car, watching movies and playing games. Now, there's a factor that it IS worthwhile for! If you like your iPhone games and apps, on the iPad the same games are streets ahead! See bejeweled Blitz as a case and point!

I've tried to be as NEGATIVE as I can with this review, but I am finding it extremely difficult to be anything but enthusiastic!

Honestly? Go get one!

• FORCE6 published 09/11/2010
    Not much consumer opinion but there's plenty of facts. =D