helen1903... 4

helen190390

About me: Thank you for all the rates and kind comments <3

Member since:30.11.2011

I miss my clicky buttons!

22.06.2012

Advantages:
Great for everything i need to do

Disadvantages:
i miss my clicky buttons !

Look & Feel

27 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Dentolux
  2. Alyson29
  3. helenc72

I've always said "i'm not getting a stupid touch screen phone because they irritate me".
Then my poor Nokia E63 died on me. So I went to the 3 store and asked them what I should get as I had no experience with phones and needed something to be able to email with.

Obviously they directed me straight to the Iphone 4s which I told them to bugger off because I'm not paying almost £50 a month for a phone contract. That's just stupid.
So they took me over to the Iphone 3GS. I cringed at the thought of joining the Iphone gang as all you ever see is people clicking away on their phones and turning into social zombies.

Go on then, give me an Iphone and I just hope I get on with it.

Getting home I took it out of the box and immediately fell in love with the sleek black back it has. So shiny and smooth!. I cringed and carried on setting it up.

The Iphone 3GS:

================
Upon taking it out of the box and finding out how to set it up, I had to use a little metal bar (and little it is!) and get the part out to put my new sim card.
My old phone looking up at me crying because I'd betrayed it.
I put it in and got started with setting it up. Not a lot was needed to be done!.
Except....the app store was set to German and I had no clue how to set it back. I was ringing round all my friends with Iphones trying to find out how to change it. Ended up being super simple and just needed to plug it into the computer.. See? I'm not set for having such advanced technology. I can't handle it.

Once it was all sorted I started to browse the phone to get to know what it did. It took me a while to actually press things properly and you need to have match stick fingers to not make any mistakes!.

I started off easy and entered all my phone contacts to my new phone and that was simple enough!. Go to the Phone app at the bottom of the screen and type the number then the little man with a + sign next to his head will add the number to contacts.

The phone it's self is pretty sleek. When it's off or you've locked the phone, the screen is black and all that is visible is the top speaker and the middle button at the bottom. Turn it over to the shiny black back and you will see the apple logo and some gobbledygook writing. The teeny tiny camera is in the top left corner also!. (obviously you can get the Iphone in white too, so if it is white, it won't be black on the back!).

I got the Iphone with 8gb of memory for me to fill up with music or data from useless apps.
I've added about 11 songs and the only apps that have been downloaded are ones for shopping and banking. I have a laptop to do everything I need on, So I don't need to turn my Iphone into a Playstation 3 with thousands of games on it.

I did download What's App which cost me £0.69 so I can text and send photos/videos and voice recordings for free. Well not free....It cost me 69p to download!

The Iphone is a brilliant piece of technology and has taken the whole world by a storm and everywhere you go there is someone with an Iphone. I love how brilliant the speakers are on this phone. I listen to music before bed and I don't wear the headphones, I just put the volume down on the phone (so my daughter doesn't wake up to the sounds of Bon Iver) and lay it next to me. Best thing about only having 11 songs? if I fall asleep, It's only got to play through 11 songs and my battery won't be battered.

You can set your phone up with a password so when you want to unlock the phone, you need to enter a 4 digit pin. It's a good idea to do this if you do use online banking on the phone or have some info on there that you don't want being used if your phone is lost or stolen.

My daughter LOVES the fact I have an Iphone. She's 3 and can work the phone better than I can! she rocks up onto Youtube and gets her programmes up on there or she finds the Peppa Pig game app she made me download.

Iphone Batteries:
================
SUCK! everyday it needs charging. Litterally.
I found it does charge up very quickly, but the fact that it dies very quickly has made me thing I made a mistake buying it as my old phone would need charging every 3-4 days. To me it was the God of phones.
I'm sure everyone can say that the battery is rubbish on them and apparently worse on the 4S. Glad I didn't opt for that one then!.

Have I made the right choice of phone?:

========================
I'm not sure yet. I like having everything at the touch of a button and I can check my bank balance when I'm out and about, or send photos of silly things I see when out and about and send them to friends super quick, but I don't think I like the touch screen still. It's irritating and I touch too much or not enough sometimes. The amount of texts I've sent with the autocorrect sending something totally inappropriate instead of something simple is beyond me. There is a website just for reading hilarious auto correct messages. (damnyouautocorrect.com) Which I ended up spending 1-2 hours reading them all.
I am swayed to say yes. I think I have made the right choice as I run a business and this phone makes everything so much easier for me to do. Emails come in and send in a few seconds (as long as I have 3G signal or wifi to connect to) and I can even get onto my website and edit things and add products from my phone. I've had the phone a little over a month now, So tackling the touch screen will take a while, but I'm sure when I have, the phone will be my best one yet.
Would I recommend it? I don't think I need to! Everyone I would recommend one to, has one already!.
If you don't know what an Iphone is or haven't even seen one even in a newspaper or poster, then I'm afraid you've been living the last few years without any connection to the world.

I'm giving it 4/5 stars because of how excellent the phone is, but the touch screen....I can't get used to it just yet.

Thanks for reading my review!

Helen190390

StazKilly 22.06.2012 19:33

i do think the iphone is quite bulky x