Apple iPhone 4S 16GB

Apple iPhone 4S 16GB

Review of "Apple iPhone 4S 16GB"

published 21/11/2011 | leeanne160480
Member since : 15/08/2008
Not been on here for around a year, putting my Dooyoo reviews over. May as well try and earn a bit more money.
Pro Great phone, lots of features
Cons expensive, battery isn't great
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"SMARTPHONE JUST GOT SMARTER"

I've had an iPhone since last July but it was the 3GS one that I had. I had wanted 1 for such a long time, and decided to treat myself and i've been in love with my phone ever since. The novelty of having an iPhone still hasn't worn off and even before I got this one I was still discovering new features on the Telephone.

So why did I go for this one? Well when I bought my 3GS I bought it on pay as you go. I never used my old mobile all that much, but I was finding myself topping up more per month in order to get my free Data allowance, so in turn I found that I used the phone to make more Telephone calls as well. I chose the 4s on a Contract and also chose the 16GB as I had the 8GB on the 3GS and it was nearly full up with what I had in it. I'm paying £36 a month for the contract which is a 24 month contract but I got the Telephone for free.

This looks much the same as the iPhone 4, but I think it looks a little more curved. I've not seen a 4 for a while, but this is just how I feel this looks. I do like the shape of the 3GS though (perhaps a little more than the shape of this phone!). Some people think that a touch screen Telephone is hard to use, and although it may seem a little tricky and perhaps alien at the start it is surprisingly easy to get used to. There isn't many buttons on this - Just the power button, volume buttons and the Main button which is the home button which takes you to the front screen. You can still get to the front screen just by swiping your finger on the screen as well.

So what do I notice that is different to this iPhone compared to the 3GS that I am used to? I find that the Wifi coverage seems to be better. The pages seem to load up quicker. You have Facetime on this (which I think was on the iPhone 4 as well) and this allows you to see the person that you are calling and vice versa. I think this feature is only supported with iPhones but am not 100%. The camera on this is 8meg and Pictures come out fine. I sometimes have e-mailed pictures to people and they look clear on the pc. There is also a feature that stops the pictures from being Blurry - Something I find happens when I try to snap something quickly. You can also use this as a Video camera. I've used this for short 1 minute long filming. Not sure how long it would go on for.Another benefit is Bluetooth. Perhaps an obvious thing, but a handy feature.

Another smart feature on this Telephone is that you can speak to it, and it will store and update things. So you press the button and state something to it eg - mum's birthday party saturday 8th September 7pm, then this will be logged as a reminder, so this will pop up and remind you at the time. You can also say things like - play music, and it will do that for you as well.

Any bad points? Well the Battery life hasn't got any better with iPhones. I tend to play with my phone quite a lot as it's just so great and I am always checking if i've got any e-mails, checking Facebooks and other things as well as playing with Apps. I have to charge this every single day as I can use about 80% of the battery on an average day - perhaps even more than 80%.

I just love iPhones and think I am converted. I can't see myself choosing any other make thesedays, and yes, they are expensive and some people may say over rated, but I love mine and would so recommend the brand.

• rosebud2001 published 21/11/2011
    Would have been nice to hear your thoughts on Siri - that's the big new feature of the iPhone 4S

offers "Apple iPhone 4S 16GB"

Product Information : Apple iPhone 4S 16GB

Now you can use your voice to use your iPhone. Just talk to Siri as you would to a person: “Remind me to call mum when I get home” or “Do I need an umbrella?” Siri not only understands what you say, it knows what you mean.1 It works out the right apps to use to find the right answer. Then, just like a personal assistant, it answers you. Siri makes phone calls, sends messages, schedules meetings, sets reminders and more. How much more? Just ask, and Siri tells you that too.

EAN: 0885909525355; 5060256650607; 4043972146242

System / Handheld Type: Smartphone

Mobile Services: Video Call, YouTube, App Store, iTunes Store

OS Provided / Type: iOS 5

Band: WCDMA (UMTS) / GSM 850/900/1800/1900 / CDMA2000 1X 1900/800

Technology: CDMA2000 1X / GSM / WCDMA (UMTS)

Colour: Black, White

Dimensions (WxDxH): 59 mm x 9 mm x 115 mm, 58.6 mm x 9.3 mm x 115.2 mm

Protection: Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating, scratch resistant glass

Form Factor: Touch

Service Provider: Virgin Mobile, Verizon Wireless, Not specified, Sunrise, Sprint Nextel, T-Mobile

Supported Social Networks and Blogs: Twitter, Flickr, Facebook

Talk Time: Up to 840 minutes, Up to 480 minutes

Standby Time: Up to 200 hours

Instant Messaging Services: Yes

Operating System: iOS 5, iOS, iOS 7

Display: LCD display - colour - 3.5" - Retina Display, LCD display - colour - 3.5" - 326 ppi - Retina Display

Input Device(s): Touch sensitive screen (multi-touch)

Rear-facing Camera Resolution: 8 Megapixel

SAR Value: 1.18 W/kg, 0.99 W/kg (body) / 0.99 W/kg (head)

Playback Digital Standards: WAV, AAC, AIFF, PCM, Audible, MP3, Apple Lossless, AAC-LC, HE-AAC, Audible AAX, Audible AAX+ , AVI, MOV, M-JPEG, MPEG-4, H.264, M4V

Wireless Interface: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth

Smartphone Memory: 16 GB

Mobile Broadband Generation: 3G

Product Type: Smartphone

Product Description: Apple iPhone 4S - black - 3G 16 GB - CDMA / GSM - smartphone, Apple iPhone 4S - white - 3G 16 GB - CDMA / GSM - smartphone

Localisation: Germany, United Kingdom