Review of "Apple iPod Earphones"

published 20/05/2012 | k444tmc
Member since : 06/04/2012
Satisfactory
Pro free - compact - look good
Cons uncomfortable! rubbish sound! easily broken! not suitable for kids
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"most dissapointing product from apple ever..."

I have had a number of these headphones from Apple as I have owned 2 older ipods and 2 years ago I purchased an iPhone 4. More recently we acquired another set when I purchased my daughter an iPod Touch 4g for her birthday. You get these headphones free with Apple products.

The saying - you get what you pay for - fits how I feel about these headphones perfectly... They are free - and absolutly horrible!

**********

My favourite bits
  • They are free with Apple products that you buy
  • They do actually look attractive
  • Very small and compact for easy storage
  • Very light which make them a favourite to transport easily

********** My least favourite bits
  • They are by far the most uncomfortable headphones in the word
  • If my daughter wants to use them she can't as they don't fit her ears (not suitable for kids)
  • Broken very easily through no fault of your own (This has happened to two of my sets)
  • Sound can come out crackley and distorted

********** My verdict

Overall due to the problems I have noted I can only give it 2 stars due to the fact that they are light, easily transportable and look attractive. Everything else I hate. 2 stars from me. If Apple are selling expensive products like their phones, ipods and ipads I think they should be putting a bit more effort into the design of their free headphones. I can understand they are free and you shouldn't really be bothered but when you pay as much as you are for Apple products

• Saintly31 published 27/05/2012
    i agrre with you on the distorted sound. i replaced mine as soon as i could
  • RICHADA published 21/05/2012
    That apple can make such fantastic kit and then throw in these rubbishy things to listen to it on beats me! I've a couple of spare pairs going begging.....not that anyone would want them! R.
  • jjcross published 20/05/2012
    I agree- These are DREADFUL!!!! I own most Apple products and these headphone are certainly the worst of the Apple products!