Review of "Aqua Optima Water Filter"

published 31/03/2012 | danielclark691
Member since : 27/02/2011
Due to time constraints, I am unlikely to be able to find the time to rate members that have received 3 times as many rates as they have given, apologies.
Pro Simple design, easy to change filter, easy to use, affordable, robust.
Cons Nothing to note.
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Aqua Optima - filtered water in an instant!"

I have always had the belief that water filter jugs were a complete waste of time. What really is wrong with water directly from the taps?! Well, I still have doubts as to whether filtered water really is of better quality to drink, or whether I am doing myself any favours by drinking filtered water. One thing I am quite sure of is that drinking plenty of fluids can be beneficial to my health in general, though it is also worth noting that drinking too much water is also possible.

If you regularly buy bottled water then I would have thought you also own a water filter jug, though this isn't always the case. Bottled water does offer health benefits due to its natural make-up and unique taste. I don't subscribe to this, though, and I don't drink bottled water personally. Filtering tap water is a different concept completely, though I can see how they both bare some relation to each other.

The Aqua Optima Water Filter Jug is a product I have owned a number of months now, bought with an Amazon voucher I had bought for me. This particular jug contains a filter which uses a five step filtering process to remove unwanted particles such as chlorine and metals. I have to admit that sometimes tapwater can taste slightly metallic.

I paid just under £10 for my jug and filter from Amazon a number of months ago, though I see it is now available for around half that online, so it is worth shopping around for a bargain. Replacement filters can be bought online for around £15 for half a dozen, which are said to last around two months each, so £15 for a year doesn't seem unreasonable at all. The lid of the jug has a dial with numbers 1-12 on it, allowing you to set the date for when the filter is due for changing, just so you can keep track of when this should be.

The jug is well packaged, with clear instructions included for assembly. The jug is very simple to put together, and it is also advised that you rinse the jug out thoroughly before use. This is something I would do personally before using such a product anyway, and this includes things such as cutlery, plates etc. Assembling the jug consists of insterting the filter and popping the lid in place, so there isn't really a great deal that can go wrong. You are then ready to use the jug!

Using the fliter jug really couldn't be simpler. The jug holds a maxiumum of 2 litres, though the capacity of filtered water is 1.3litres, though this is sufficient for my needs. I just run the tap, fill the jug to the desired level, then let the filter get to work and you can even watch this if you so wish. The clear plastic jug is very robust and allows you to monitor how much filtered water you have left, so you know when to top it up. The slimline design of the jug allows me to store it in the door of my fridge, something I can imagine a lot of people owning a water filter would wish to do. There is nothing worse than drinking room temperature water in my opinion!

The design of the water filter jug is very simple but also effective. The handle is comfortable to hold, yet it doesn't get in the way when it comes to storage as it isn't too bulky. The design is very simple, though at this price I wouldn't expect anything different. I wouldn't be able to give any flaws with this jug, though the 1.3litre capacity for filtered water may put some consumers off. I think that unless there are more than a couple of users of this product in your household then this should easily be able to suit your needs, and at the bargain price of around £5-6 I think the Aqua Optima Water Filter Jug is a steal!

• lilloulfc published 02/04/2012