Home > Ciao Café > Sport > Football > Football Matches > Argentina : England (2002 FIFA World Cup Korea/Japan) > Reviews

coolchant... 5

coolchanty

Member since:31.07.2001

Go On England

07.06.2002

Advantages:
N/A

Disadvantages:
N/A

18 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Benniash
  2. bazza1603
  3. wiggglypufff

Everyone was hyped up today for one of the most important and recognised matches of the world cup 2002 so far. England Vs Argentina was shown at lunch time today where match play began 12.30pm UK time. Many people had either booked today as a days holiday or they had agreements with their manager to take an extra hour or so for lunch today.Unfortunately I wasn't allowed the extra time and didn't really want to use a days holiday as I am not that mad about football.
I heard the results anyway at work and what happened as everyone was talking about it and going football mad. At 1.30pm all the men left the office to go and watch it in the pub.
Anyway I had it recorded for me by my wonderful boyfriend. I am currently watching it now as typing this opinion. Have seen the first half and we are now in to the second.
I am not really into football as I said but I am interested in the World Cup and when England are playing.

After seeeing them play against Sweeden last Saturday I didn't have much hope for them today I am affraid. I know I probably should do out of principle but I didn't think they were going to score and may of even lost to Argentina.

Well I am sorry England I was totally wrong. I think they played extremely well in this match. I was especially impressed with Nicky Butt and Emelle Heskey. David Beckham and Micheal Owen go without saying really. David Seaman saved some great attempts by Argentina too.

When England played Sweeden last Saturday they had too many gaps in the field and were leaving it too open for Sweeden. Also they placed Emelle Heskey in Mid Field and he is much better as a forward. Seeing how he played today just proved that.

Argentina did very well too, especially their goal keeper, as he saved many of the attempts that England had. Their was a couple from Micheal Owen and Teddy Sherringham nearly had one too.

England also did a lot more passing and also didn't give the ball away so much today as they did last Saturday. They had all the right tactics for their match today. I am sure they had received some words from Eriksson before the match started and were raring to go. I think some of the players may of even been a little worried about the match to as I saw a few being interviewed a couple of days ago and they were saying in the interview that they were going to try their best for their fans and themselves.

By no means at all did they show this today though.
They all were concentrating very well and played some great balls to their team.

This is the way that England need to play all the time but then it isn't going to be possible. We all have bad days.

There were so many chances that England had today and they were piling on the pressure to Argentina most of the time.

We had attempts from Paul Scholes, Teddy Sherringham, Emelle Heskey, 3 from Michael Owen and 2 from David Beckham.

I also was impressed with Ashley Coles defence. He stopped many balls going past him and allowing Argentina the chance to score.

What a match and well done to England. I am sure thousands will be celebrating their win oven Argentina tonight and possibly fans all over the world.

I saw on the news tonight that England have some Japanese fans, the traitors. I wouldn't be surprised if there are other nationalities supporting England,especially as David Beckham is their captain. I can't see the facination to be honest. He plays good football and that's it in my eyes. Each to their own though I guess.

I am really pleased that England beat them today as many other thousands will be and I am not even a football fan. I do like the big cup matches though.

England next have to face Nigeria and now only need to draw to go through. Lets see if they can keep thier skill up for then and my fingers are crossed for them.

I thought they played so good against Argentina today and I knew that they had to beat them.

Not sure how much further they are going to get though in the 2002 world cup. Lets just sit back and hope ey.

What a match. I think their is a replay of this on tv tonight if you missed it and wanna watch it.

I recomend you do because I thought it was a great match.

WELL DONE ENGLAND.

Thanks for the read.

Chantal

(ps by the way the ratings don't apply to this opinion)

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

tabyorky 11.06.2002 17:55

I'm not a footy fan, but was glad that England won though.

europe68 09.06.2002 16:30

(°o°°O°)Go England Go ... towards a Finale ... vs France ?

Judgee 09.06.2002 00:48

I thought Butt and Ferdinand were superb, but I don't think any English player had a bad game!