Review of "Argos 12 bottle wooden wine rack"

published 27/04/2012 | kama0529
Member since : 03/10/2005
I'm here to review products in as honest a way as possible. I will rate any product by those who rate me. If I miss you then just let me know :)
Good
Pro Inexpensive. Basic design. Functional. Sturdy.
Cons Hard to assemble.
Ease of Use

"Wine Rack"

The Argos Wooden Wine Rack is something that I've had for about three years - and it's served me fairly well. I can't remember exactly how much it cost me, but looking on the Argos website today, it currently costs £4.99, which I think is a very good price.

The rack can hold up to twelve standard sized bottles, allowing for easy storage of the bottles, as well as a nice way to display bottles to guests. The not so great thing about the rack is that you need to assemble it when it comes, which is not the easiest thing I've ever done. It did take me a while to put together and following the instructions was a bit frustrating because they weren't totally clear. Usually I find Argos instructions to be fairly good, but these were definitely a little more challenging to this non-DIY-guru.

The rack itself is made in pine and has an unfinished appearance inasmuch as it is not varnished or painted. It gives a nice rustic look to the kitchen which fits in with the style of my kitchen anyway. The rack itself is 46cm x 35cm x 22cm and it feels an appropriate size. It contains rows / columns which are 3 x 4 and so it has the storage capacity for 12 bottles, although I often put 3 bottles on top also and so I can keep 15 bottles on the rack in total.

The rack is quite sturdy and it has been used consistently since I bought it, with wine bottles stored on it continuously. It is not overly stylish, but it is functional and presentable - and I feel it does its job well.
Summary: It's served me well. Basic but fine.

• Pmshack99 published 28/04/2012
    The idea of someone having that much wine in the house is utterly bemusing to me - if i have wine in my flat, I drink it!x