Argos Card

Review of "Argos Card"

published 11/05/2006 | molchoko
Member since : 16/08/2005
Pro Free Credit
Cons WORST POSSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, HIDDEN CHARGES, DIFFICULT TO DEAL WITH!!
Competitiveness of APR
Product package
Quality of Customer Service
Reward Scheme
Additional Charges

"My Argos Card nightmare"

I took out an Argos card to pay for a sofa because i'd get two years intrest free credit. If only I knew what I know no, I wouldn't have bothered, even if that meant taking out a loan!! Their customer service is the worst i've ever come across, they made it as difficult as possible to set up direct debit, the they failed to send the odd statement out and keept adding additional charges at £17.50 a time if i was a few days late on payment.

With out telling me they created separate accounts for the charges and applied intrest to them. I only found out about this when I kicked up fuss and got passed through to some other department.

However its not worth ringing their customer services as they are all useless, they don't care about their customers they are taking about and their rude.

WHATEVER YOU DO, DON'T SIGN UP FOR AN ARGOS CARD!!

• robert_parnham published 15/05/2006
    Hi - I've not rated anything on Ciao for some time - but your reveiew spured me into action. I've rated the way I have because not only is it a bit light on information - you do seem to have missed the point of an Argos Card - it's there to help you spread your payments - of course they are going to charge you if make payment "a few days late". This is how they make their money and is a fairly normal way of doing business - plus if you read your credit agreement all the DEFAULT charges are clearly explained...
  • x_staz_x published 11/05/2006
    as catrinaf said, more info needed, but good start staz x
  • mariegall published 11/05/2006
    welcome more info needed ive never had a problem with argos

Product Information : Argos Card