Argos Catalogue

Argos Catalogue

Review of "Argos Catalogue"

published 25/07/2011 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Great range, easy to use catalogue
Cons None
Delivery time
Wide range/choice of products?
Helpfulness of Staff
Repair/Replacement Service

"The Argos catalogue has arrived!!"

I remember, every year just before Christmas my brother and I getting very excited about the latest Autumn/Winter collection of the Argos catalogue. Whenever my dad would bring it home we would spend hours pouring over the pages, writing down page numbers deciding what we wanted for our Christmas presents. There was literally anything a little child could want, jewellery and make up for me and toys and computer stuff for my brother, the choice was endless and it was so much fun.

According to an article I read, "Argos is the largest general-goods retailer in the United Kingdom and Ireland with over 800 stores. Together with sister company Homebase, it today forms part of the Home Retail Group. It is unique amongst major retailers in the UK in that it is a catalogue merchant."

This means that it mostly advertises and promotes its good goods by catalogue, from which customers make their selections to purchase, pay, and then collect the items from an in-store collection desk or have the item delivered to their home. This was always the fun part of going into Argos. They have numerous catalogues around the store which are laminated and set up on viewing stations allowing you to flick through them easily. There is an index at the back of the catalogue which is actually set up very well and allows you to search easily and methodically for what you need. Everything is in alphabetical order and then gives you a page number to view the product. Every product has a photograph which shows you the product. I like this as it allows you to make a decision based on look of the product and not just the vital statistics. The descriptions of the products are good as well though and anything I have every bought from there is well described and true to their wording. At the end of the description is a unique order number which you then write down on a piece of paper. At the viewing station you can firstly input this number into a little computer to see if it is in stock. If it is you take your piece of paper to the cashier where you pay for your item and then pick it up at the collection point.

My dad and I always have a little giggle about the collection point every time we are in Argos together. It is basically a counter with four sections titled A, B,C, D. They are all next to each other so it really doesn't matter if you have to pick your item up at collection point A or D, they are so close together you are not going to miss your product arriving if you do not stand near your number!

The catalogue is also available to take home so you can view it in the comfort of your own home as I have said above. They are two catalogues produced each year, a spring/summer edition and an autumn/winter edition. Of course they have a lot of the same products but obviously some difference in seasonal goods. Each catalogue has over 1500 pages with like I've said everything but the kitchen sink so you can pretty much find anything you are looking for.

• Alyson29 published 25/07/2011
    Your first paragraph really made me smile, as my younger sister and I were exactly the same! x

Product Information : Argos Catalogue