Argos Direct

Member since : 10/07/2007
Pro Really easy to order
Cons Shambolic delivery service

"Dodgy delivery"

I have had several dealings with argos direct in the past. For smaller items the service seems to be fine ie. toys etc. But recently I ordered a new cooker. The ordering and confirmation part was fine. I was charged for the goods that day on my credit card and recieved an e-mail the same day telling me delivery would be within 14 days. However as 14 days expired we called argos to find out when it would arrive and they could not give us this information as the delivery was passed onto a seperate delivery company. We called them up and they told us that argos should not have specified delivery within 2 weeks as they could not guarantee that as they only came to our town when the lorry was full. The cooker was delivered a week later. Once we took it out of the box to check it out we found many flaws. The fan on the fan assisted oven did not work. There was a huge dent down the side of cooker and one of the rings was wonky. We called argos to let them know we wanted a refund and for it to be collected but the same as the delivery applied and they would not be in our area for a few weeks. They said we could go ahead and order a new cooker but we wouldn't get our money back until a couple of weeks after they got their cooker back (however they took our money 3 weeks before we saw our dodgy cooker). They also do not reimburse interest on the credit card so I'm out of pocket and have no cooker. If we did order a new cooker from them it would be another 3 weeks till we got it. I don't think I'll order anything large from them again.

• hollywoodmum published 29/07/2007
    I always order fro Argos and have never had any problems. must have been having an off period