Review of "Argos Direct"

published 29/11/2007 | first12000
Member since : 01/03/2006
Good
Pro Easy to place an order - good range of items
Cons Be prepared that your delivery may not turn up on time!

"Argos Direct"

I ordered a mattress and a Tomy Bed Rail from Argos Direct, as they had a time limited free delivery offer. They were also the best price and although normally I would drive to Argos to pick up the bed rail (I only live about a mile away from them) I thought I may as well order it at the same time as the mattress to save myself some trouble!

It's easy to place an order - the search facility is okay but not the best! Both items were in stock according to the website. There is a huge range of items sold - basically everything that's in the Argos book!

At the checkout, you are given the opportunity to chose a delivery date, which I did. A bit of a pain as the delivery time slot is between 7am and 6pm so you have to be in all day. The mattress was delivered about halfway through the day, but the bed rail was not delivered. The driver said it might be on another van, so I telephoned Argos Direct and they said that yes it was on another van and would be delivered later that day. It didn't arrive by 6pm, so I rang the customer services line (open til 8pm I think). They were very pleasant and answered the call quickly, but simply advised me that there had been a problem and they would have to arrange another delivery date.

Obviously I was not happy, having waited all day for it, but I agreed to another delivery date about 3 days later. After waiting in vain all morning, I decided to ring them to check it was definitely being delivered. They advised that there was a problem again and they would have to arrange another delivery date. On neither occasion did they explain what the problem was.

I was not happy to wait in yet again so asked to cancel. He said it would take 7 - 10 days to refund the money but I could reserve it in store, however there was no stock at the store nearest me. I therefore cancelled the order. They made no fuss about cancelling this part of the order and I am just waiting for the credit to be applied to my card.

• catkinsays published 29/11/2007