sarcastic... 3

sarcasticbustard

Member since:31.08.2011

Customer concern or care don't make me laugh

31.08.2011

Advantages:
Very curtious delivery drivers and mates .  The bed is off excellent quality

Disadvantages:
In my opinion there is a distinct lacking in who the important people are .

Recommendable No:

7 Ciao members have rated this review on average: somewhat helpful See ratings
  1. daveboxer
somewhat helpful by (86%):
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. angelboouk123
  3. Alyson29

We ordered a bed and mattress from Argos Direct.
The price was right the product was right for us.
Only thing was we didn't expect the following onslaught of problems.
Firstly they rang and informed us of the delivery date.
So we booked time off work.
They gave us a slot of between 7 and 12 (bear in mind the delivery guys don't work to morning or afternoon delivery slots they work to 2 hour delivery slots).
then we had a call to say that the day would have to be changed.
Cancel day off and rebook.
They informed us that the delivery would be between 12 and 6.
cancel that they then rang and informed us that the delivery was now on for the original day and time, rebook day off and cancel new one.
We were informed that we would get a telephone call one hour before delivery.
The call we got was.
'Hello this is Argos. We will be there within the hour.'
The delivery wagon pulled up outside before I had chance to answer with a 'thank you'.
Can't fault the politeness of the delivery guys they were great.
next we discovered thatthere were stains on the mattress before we had even taken it out of the plastic covering.
Ring Argos.
Super lady on the other end, replacement can be with you in 3 days.
Between 12 and 6.
We will collect the faulty goods and deliver the new item.
New delivery day arrives and time booked to leave work when the phone call arrives.
Telephone call at 10.30
'We will be with you within the hour'
I leave work and rush home a 15 minute drive to expect them awaiting on the doorstep again.
No they didn't arrive until ten past 2, no apology as to why they were longer than the hour they claimed.
They just rush to deliver and collect.
I spot that the new mattress is covered in grease all over the end beneath the plastic.
I informed the driver I was refusing it, he told me that that wasn't allowed as he needed instructions to collect it and that he had to leave it with me.
Ring Argos again.
Lovely young lady on the other end of the phone, very apologetic.
However they had no stock showing and that it would not be in stock for another 28 plus days, according to her computer system.
Fine.
Was informed that they would ring me as soon as they had an update on when stock would be in.
I then check on the internet and get the message could be delivered within 21 days.
I rang to confirm that this was true and was informed that if I wanted to order and pay now they could give me a 7 day delivery time.
I declined and rang off.
Ring Argos customer services again and ask why had I not been given notice that they had stock.
I was informed that the system had only just updated and that they would ring me when a date was available.
This would be automatic as thier system would flash this up in RED.
Online ordering now changed to 21 days.
Still no call from Argos.
I check again online 24hrs later and the delivery has now changed to 14days.
I ring customer services again.
They can not understand as to why it has not flagged up my details as awaiting replacement.
However there is now zero stock as it has all been booked for new customers.
I ask why is it that customers awaiting replacements are not given priority and was informed that I would have to await new stock coming in.
So as it stands
I have had delivery of 2 badly stained mattresses.
I am awaiting another replacement.
I have to book another day off of work to take delivery of the replacement.
If the next replacement is faulty I cannot refuse delivery as the driver cannot take it back without instructions from HO.
I have a bed which is fully assembled that I cannot use as i have no mattress to put on it.
Argos in my opinion do not care once they have your money, you are in my opinion now just a name and in the words of the lady at the other end of the telephone.

'New customers take priority of stock over those awaiting replacements'.

This will be the last time we use Argos Direct.
Who incidently have a Mission staement of. And I Quote.

OUR MISSION: To be the best Home Delivery Service in the UK.

I feel IMO they need to read the manual again.

A satisfied customer will on average tell 3 of their friends, a Dis-satisfied customer will tell at least 10 of their friends.

I post on here to tell even more than that of my experience.

sarcasticbustard 17.09.2011 17:48

After yet another rejecyed mattress, the protective covering was all split and the mattress was filthy, the fourth arrived, this was of acceptable quality. The delivery driver couldn't apologise enough. So back to customer service for their so called gesture of goodwill. It was as though they were reading from a script on this one also. 'I am authorised to send you upto £50 as a gesture of our goodwill. However, in the first instance I can only offer you upto 10% of the order value.' Great I thought 10% of £700, total value of the order is £70. But no, in their eyes as the only item concerned was the mattress we would be looking at 10% of the mattress price. That was until I explained that the mattress was part of the bed, if they would care to check. So the gesture was raised to the £50, like it or lump it. I took it, the voucher arrived yesterday by recorded delivery. Sorry, long time before I use Argos Direct again.

sarcasticbustard 01.09.2011 16:35

Daveboxer. I wish it was ascript but that is exactly what has happened to me and I am still awaiting a replacement mattress to be delivered. After posting my review I recieved a voicemail message on my mobile asking me to ring them to review the delivery date for the replacement. I rang them and was informed that the review of the delivery date was for the replacement i had already had delivered, their computer system had thrown this query up. Like I say still awaiting the replacement and will update my review when I get it. The statement I made about satisfied and dis-satisfied customers is what i was taught on my management course. And as far as I know is still taught today.

daveboxer 31.08.2011 19:28