k444tmc 5

k444tmc

Member since:06.04.2012

Nice girly hideaway for dressing up things

07.05.2012

Advantages:
Cheap & looks very girly

Disadvantages:
Can't machine wash

6 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Viborg
  2. rabbit88
  3. jimmychoogirl

Today I am going to give you my review on this pink canvas wardrobe that I purchased from Argos in January 2012.

My daughter loves to dress up like many 6 year olds and and has way too many dressing up costumes and accessories... seeing them lying all over the house was driving me crackers so I started looking for storage to put them all in.

I came across this on the Argos website and it looked perfect - very sleek and girly. It fits in nicely to the corner of my daughters playroom.

At the time of writing this review it is retailing at £23.99 on the argos website - I believe I paid something slightly less around £15-£20 - which I thought was a bargain!

DIY

The item came flat packed in a cardboard box and transporting to the car was easy because it was so light. Putting this together I have to admit it was an absolute doddle. I usually hate flat packed items because there is too many bits and bobs to put together. In this pack you literally get a couple of white metal poles to snap together and a canvas cover for over the top. It can easily be put together without reading the instructions! :-)

Size

For the benefit of those who need to watch the space they need, width-wise its about the same as a normal hard wardrobe, but not as tall - perfect for little people like our kids :-)

Exact measurments are as follows:

*Size H138 *W90 *D49.5cm

It fits into the corner of my little ones playroom nicely.

**********

Appearance

The frame consists of 9 white poles which are all held in place by plastic grey fixtures at the top and bottom. Out of these one is a hanging rail at the top of inside the wardrobe to hang the clothes.

There is also a thin silver rod which goes from the front to the back and the only purpose I can think that it serves is to try and keep the wardrobe together but in my view its pretty pointless as it kept falling off... in the end I threw it away as it serves without!

Over the top you have a baby pink material - the label advises it is made out of 100% polypropylene - which covers the frame. This also has pictures of 3 hearts towards the top of the canvas to give it a more girly feel. At the front of the canvas material is the opening in which you look in to view the inside of the wardrobe. What I love about this is that you can roll the canvas opening up and hold up with ties at the top of the wardrobe. Or leave loose to cover up the contents of the wardrobe!

The bottom of the wardrobe is hollow and I use this to store boxes with little hats, tiaras and other accessories for the dressing up costumes. There is plenty of room for a good few boxes.

The top of the wardrobe on top of the canvas is also quite stable and I store some of my soft toys for show.

At the back of the canvas there is a fixture for the option to attach to the wall to make it more stable however I have not used this. I just think its handy if you have younger children running around who like to pull things down!

Keeping it clean

The label states that you can "spot wash only" with warm soapy water but it is not to be machine washed or left in soapy water. So far I haven't had to clean it - its not grubby in the slightest considering I have a messy 6 year old!

My verdict

Me and my daughter both love this wardrobe. Its very trendy looking for a young girl and keeps all her dressing up accessories looking tidy as apposed to storing away in lots of storage containers.

You cant argue with the price of this - its a bargain even at the full price of £23.99 - if you have a child, are on a budget and need storage space for your little ones clothes this would be great for a few years use. My daughter currently stores roughly 20-25 outfits on the hanging rail and it holds them all without difficulty.

Overall it does what I wanted it to do - it is showing no signs of wear and tear so far and I think if its looked after it could last a few years. I am very happy with this :-)

Add the first comment!