Argos Nest of Tables

Argos Nest of Tables

Nest of Tables - Available in: Beech Effect - Shape: Rectangular

Review of "Argos Nest of Tables"

published 11/09/2012 | AnneLorraine1
Member since : 02/06/2010
Thanks for taking the trouble to rate my reviews. Happy 2016 everyone x
Pro Contemporary appearance, strong, easy to maintain
Cons None really
Style & Appearance
Ease of Assembly

"A TALE OF THREE TABLES"

A NEST OF TABLES

I've just realised that my living room must be due for re-decorating as I've started to write this review. I think I've owned this nest of tables for some years and I know they were purchased when the room was last decorated. When I do decorate (or get my husband on to it) I'll have to make sure that my collection of beech furniture matches; although I always think beech looks good with most modern(ish) types of décor.

The beech look is one of my favourite looks whether the furniture item is real beech or beech effect. As already said, in my opinion, this colour doesn't look amiss with much at all. Because it fits in so well I've found that I've been able to move items of beech coloured furniture around the home which means I've managed to make optimum use of several items of furniture. Sadly some pieces of dark oak furniture that started married life with me (as I set up home thirty-three years ago) have had to be given away.

And so, when my living room was last decorated I already owned several items of furniture which blended in quite well, even if not of the exact same shade as each other. I needed a few bits of furniture for this room, one being a coffee table and I also thought a nest of tables would prove useful for the family.
I had wanted a net of tables for a long time but never quite got around to buying one. With the change of décor I was sure a nest would be useful.

WHERE

I didn't want to buy anything too expensive and I was surprised at how much three small tables could cost. I didn't want anything too fancy just a set of three in beech that looked fairly contemporary.
Although I'm not a huge fan of Argos furniture I felt that in this case, and after having a look around, I would have a look on their website. Really I didn't have that much money left to spend on this room and I didn't mind cheap as long as it really WAS cheerful!

WHAT ARE THEY LIKE?

The nest of tables that I decided on was from Argos and seemed to be what I wanted. Now that I've had this nest of tables for a long time I can say that I have been very pleased with this purchase and that they have exceeded my expectations. I feel any furniture from Argos that has drawers or doors may well be mediocre but in the case of chunky tables not quite so much is expected from them and in the case of these I haven't anything negative to say.

Really my requirements were for tables that:

Complemented the room

Sturdy

Lasted a few years

Easy to clean

Stacked easily

I can honestly say that these tables ticked all of those boxes.

In the case of sturdiness all three are still going strong. They can hold a lot of weight from the largest to the smallest. Although I get very cross when this happens, I have witnessed many times my husband and sons using one or other of the tables to stand on when something is out of reach. The tables have survived this and, fortunately for them, so have the men of the house.

When the polish and cloth is out I will use it on these tables although for spills and marks left by cups (I don't often use coasters with these) I find a damp sponge works well.

ASSEMBLING

The tables come flat packed. They are very simple to fit together and don't take long at all. My husband always does these jobs but I could have managed to fit these together if this was necessary.

USES

As mentioned they can take an adults weight, although I wouldn't recommend this!
I mainly use the two larger tables.

The largest is suitable for some card games and to use for occasional crafts such as scrap booking or to hold pencils and paper if drawing. It is also handy for holding drinks when guests visit.

I mostly use the middle sized table as a side table. In the evening when I'm sitting on an armchair and using my laptop this table makes a useful place to hold a drink and my mobile phone and there's still enough room for any essentials that need to be kept close at hand.

I usually keep the tiny table stacked under the largest table as it is small and not often needed but, if a group of us are sitting outside in the garden then it is then employed as an extra table to hold a glass or two. I think it would also be ideal to hold a plant or an ornament.

At times like Christmas or family celebrations all three tables come out to play and are scattered around my living room.

PRICE

I can't remember how much I paid for these tables as I don't know if the price has risen since I made my purchase. They are currently on sale for £59.99.

I would say that for the price they are a good buy; they have stood the test of time and really don't look any different now as they did when they were brand new.

DELIVERY

I bought my tables from an Argos store after first reserving (reserve and collect) from the Argos website. I reserved several items in the morning and picked them up in the early evening.
The tables can be delivered to your home for a small fee of £3.95, or a Saturday delivery of £6.95. If ordering more items the delivery charge will be the same. I always find it useful to have lots of items delivered at once at Christmas time as the delivery charge works out better than paying bus fares or car parking fees.

SPECIFICATIONS

* Size of largest table H47, W56, L40cm.

* Weight 14kg.

OVERALL

If, you're looking for a nest of tables with a contemporary appearance in a light colour then these may suit you. I have found them durable, easy to clean and very useful. I consider the price reasonable and would conclude by saying that, in my opinion, they are one of the better purchases I have made from Argos.

• jb0077 published 23/03/2015