Argos Pink Hop Scotch Rug

Argos Pink Hop Scotch Rug

Children's Room - Type: Rug

Review of "Argos Pink Hop Scotch Rug"

published 30/04/2012 | Calla76
Member since : 14/07/2010
Thank you for all the reads and rates!
Pro Good price, decent quality, brightens up a room
Cons Could be too pink and girlie, may not match other colour schemes

"Hop to it!"

Cosy floors
We moved to our house about 18 months ago now, and in virtually every room we have laminate wood floors - including in my daughter's bedroom. She was two at he time and although I like the floors I wanted to get a rug just to cosy things up a little, and to ensure we weren't always sitting on a cold hard floor every time we played a game on the floor!
Her room is actually very neutral, with the laminate flooring, white walls and white blind, so I felt we could get away with buying a very colourful rug - and this certainly fits that bill! Although she is a fan of pink, there is nothing big in her room that is over-powering in terms of colour - which is a good thing as this rug is about as pink and girlie as it gets!

Some rug facts:
Price: £14.99 from Argos
Size: L150, W80cm (or in inches: L60, W31)
100% nylon
Non-slip backing
Bound ends and edges
Sponge clean only.

As with all items from Argos, chances are you're not going to get to see them before you buy them and there is only so much you can tell from a picture. The main colour of this is light pink with a darker pink border. There is then a hopscotch grid running through the middle. Then if this isn't enough of a visual sensation, there are flowers, ducks, hearts and butterflies scattered about the place too!

Shed-bound?
At first my little girl seemed to like this rug and although it is very full on it actually looks fine in her room. It was definitely nice to have somewhere to sit to play games. The rug is reasonably soft to the touch - as much as you can expect for the low price - and is easy enough to clean, either with a hoover or dustpan and brush. We've had no spillages so I can't say whether or not it is easy to remove stains or not, but it is not something I would be too concerned about.
Then after a while my little girl went right off this rug and put it into another room! I have no idea why she did this but for a while she was rugless and actually told me to throw the rug in the shed! Luckily I didn't as a few months later she dragged it back into her room, where it has now stayed - for the time being at least!
As I say, this rug has several functions which is to cosy up the wooden floors in her room and provide somewhere to sit ... but of course there is also the hopscotch element. Very occasionally my little girl will give this a go, and she sometimes likes to show her friends how to play, but generally this is something she ignores in the main!

Not for everyone...
Overall this is a nice, but very girlie rug. It works well in my little girl's room but if you already have a strong colour scheme or a lot of pink items such as curtains, duvet covers, and so on then I wouldn't recommend it as I think it is quite over the top! But for her room it does the job for us for the time being and it isn't too bad to look at! And for the price I would say that it is worth the money.