Washing Sheet/Tablet

Review of "Ariel Washing Tablets"

published 02/06/2009 | mi_ke
Member since : 17/08/2003
Pro Clean fresh smell, good value
Cons Awkward box, price as part of the grocery shop in a supermarket.
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Ariel Tablets"

Ariel Washing Tablets

First review I have written in a while, bear with me if I come across a bit rusty!

Now I am very fussy about what washing detergent I use! I like to use one that smells nice, and that is my main concern. There’s a couple I can’t use as they seem to irritate me like mad, Persil Non-Bio is a no-go, as is Daz and Fairy. Normally I purchase whatever is on offer, or if I can get to Makro, I will buy it there. Failing that I’ll go for Tesco’s own Bio washing detergent.

My favourite washing detergent has to be Ariel Tablets though, and on a recent trip to Makro, I bought in bulk!

-The Packaging.

These tablets, as they were from Makro, came in 2 boxes of 82 tablets as they are meant for industries such as catering and cleaning I suppose. They were bound together in a sleeve that read ‘XXL Pack’, and the individual boxes state they are ’Proctor and Gamble Professional’.

The packaging is quite attractive in Ariel’s usual green colours, and gives you a clean fresh feeling with pictures of crisp bubbles surrounding an image of 2 tablets. The box in the picture is of the old pack design and has been changed since. I like the ’click-close’ lid on Tesco’s washing tablets packaging, and the one downfall for these Ariel tablets is that the lid stays open once the seal has been broken. This gets on my nerves as the cupboard under this sink is only small and you have to remove the box if you want to get at anything under there!

Each pair of tablets is wrapped in foil, and the foil tears easily to tip the tablets into the washing machine drawer whilst minimising contact with the skin. I am almost always able to place the tablets in the drawer without touching the tablets.

-Price.

2 boxes (84 tablets per box, 42 washes per box, 84 washes from the whole pack) of these Ariel tablets cost me £11.99 at Makro (excluding 15% VAT), so even with the VAT added. This is very good value considering tablets are more expensive that powders, and a 90 wash box of Bold can cost £16+ at the likes of cheap stores such as B&M.

At Sainsbury’s a 24 wash (48 tablets) box of Ariel Tablets costs £6.78 so the Makro price compares favourably!

-Performance.

All you have to do is open the foil wrapper and a tab makes sure that they are opened in a straight line down the side of the wrapper, so they are easy to just tip into the drawer of the washing machine.

Ariel Tablets always seem to remove any stains/dirt I may acquire on a day to day basis, and even without fabric conditioner they seem to leave everything soft and non-scratchy. I still however use fabric conditioner in the wash just for added freshness but not on towels as this reduces the absorbency I find. Plus, Ariel still seems to leave my towels soft without it.

I cannot describe the smell left on the dry load of washing after its been washed with Ariel. It’s a pretty unique fragrance that isn’t of, citrus or lavender for example as can be found with other brands like Bold and Daz. It’s Ariels own fragrance which is absolutely fabulous and you can smell it on your clothes all day long.

-Reccomendation.

If you want a good value, easier way of doing your washing then I’d definitely recommend this product. Great stain removal and great freshness!

Manufactured by:

KT13 0XP

0800716854 FREEPHONE

Thanks, Mike.

• duskmaiden published 04/06/2009
    i got Bold or tesco's eco range
  • blackmagicstar4 published 03/06/2009
    Well reviewed x
  • Hishyeness published 03/06/2009
    No rust evident here amigo. Nicely reviewed 8^)