Arnold Clark Leyland Car Supermarket

Arnold Clark Leyland Car Supermarket

Review of "Arnold Clark Leyland Car Supermarket"

published 28/06/2007 | RK3036
Price
Service
Efficiency

"ARNOLD CLARK - LEYLAND"

LEYLAND SITE LANCASHIRE - Purchased a 54 plate Audi A3 with 30K on the clock in very good condition on a part ex. After the usual salesman chat the figures were agreed and in the agreement an early MOT, full service and valet. Also purchased the additional service package on the premise that for two years I would get full service and MOT's.

Bought the car part exchanged mine and got into my Audi with a poor valet, no service and no MOT. The explanation "IT DOESN'T NEED A SERVICE or MOT" I pointed out (raised voice and finger pointing) that the agreement was for service and MOT so I don't really care if you think it needs doing or not. Finally they relented and it was booked in. Got to the garage handed my car over and they said we don't do courtesy cars in the first 30 days. Long story short I got a courtesy car but had to pay for my own insurance. Car ready at close of business, MOT complete so well done finally. No service -refuse to do one as it is not due according to the service computer (I again don't care, the agreement was for a service) 3 e-mails and 3 phone calls from, sales manager to area manager and I'm told heads will roll (mmm really) and that essentially I can kiss my pay out for insurance good bye as I chose the courtesy car and should have toddled around the local supermarket all day like a good little boy (5 and a half hours).
Ridiculous service - I also find out that the service package does not cover MOT's but does give you a discount.

Not somewhere I wish to deal with on a regular basis and my advice keep your car keys or money until the car has been thoroughly checked on day of purchase.

Fast response to complaints they just don't listen or do anything about them though.

• jacksback40 published 28/06/2007
    Well...im not too impressed with that particular garage. I work on Olypian way in Leyland, and have used them myself...good review
  • liana3030 published 28/06/2007
    i dread places like these..