Aroma Home Microwaveable Feet Warmers

Aroma Home Microwaveable Feet Warmers

Footcare Accessories

Review of "Aroma Home Microwaveable Feet Warmers"

published 10/12/2010 | rufusredcoat
Member since : 17/05/2008
Pro Instant heat
Cons Not hot for long
Effectiveness

"Instant heat for the feet"

WHAT ARE THEY?

These slipper type socks are made of wheatbags and when heated, provide instant heat to the toes, top of the foot and heel.

THE DETAILS

They come in various colours.
Available colours are:
Lavender
Blue
Pink
Dalmation
Fawn
Brown
Lilac

I personally have the Lavender ones as they have the scent of lavender in them.
They weigh approximately 700 grams.

They look like a sock but they have 2 seperate compartments.
One of them is joined at the heel with a button (to allow access to the bag) and the other is more like a flap on top of the toes (to insert the bag).

One size fits all and they fit very snug. They come to just above the ankle.

To heat up, put either the bags or the whole slipper into a microwave and heat for a couple of minutes.

The price varies from place to place but are usually around the £15.00 range.

MY THOUGHTS

My hubby brought me these because I always have feet like ice blocks!

Putting the socks into the microwave, I tested the heat effectiveness by doing different time limits.

1 minute in the microwave barely heated the slippers up, a minute and a half and the socks are quite warm. 2 minutes is fine for me but any longer and the heat gives you pins and needles!

The smell started off with a nice lavender scent, however after wearing the slippers for a while, the scent disappeared and smelt like any normal slipper!

I am a little disappointed with the bottoms of the slippers. They are white, which is a deadly colour in our house considering the dirt! So the bottoms do get dirty very quickly.

They are not too bad to walk around in but you do find the wheat bags drag a little and can be cumbersome when climbing the stairs.

For instant heat, they are very good when you come in from the cold, however, the heat does not last long but I guess it depends on how long they were in the microwave.

If you are sitting down, you dont really feel the effectiveness of the heat until pressure is applied.

A good foot warmer but needs to be able to heat up for longer.

• Spuddydoodah published 10/12/2010
    Having lavender scented feet puts me off, they look comfy though!
  • matthewdoyle published 10/12/2010
    Great review
  • rosebud2001 published 10/12/2010
    The lavender scent would put me off. I have found the best thing to keep my feet warm is sheepskin slippers!