Arrow Season 1 (DVD)

Arrow Season 1 (DVD)

Review of "Arrow Season 1 (DVD)"

published 15/01/2015 | Daniellessxx
Member since : 11/01/2015
Im 22 year old mum, with a daughter who's 3. We spend most of our time together and love to do new things, although she will be starting nursery soon :)
Pro interesting, gripping,
Cons changing dvd over.
Did you enjoy it?
Story
Characters / Performances
Special Effects
Soundtrack

"Best series. Arrow."

Arrow is based on a billionaire called Oliver queen.
Whilst growing up Oliver was handed everything, basically he never went without anything and neither did his sister, Thea. He lives in Starling City, fighting crimes.
Although it never started like that, Oliver was rich from his parents. He took a boat trip with his father & his girlfriends sister. When the boat became under attack, we was made to believe that no one on the boat, bar Oliver made it to an island. Which we was made to think was an abandoned island. Little did we know, many people where amongst him on the island and we begin to find out what happened when Oliver spent 5 years on this island. It wasn't long before Oliver met people on the island, who taught him how to defend himself. Martial arts, Using a bow and arrow, and fighting were the main things that Oliver learnt. But it wasn't going to be easy.
Once Oliver returned to Starling City he decided to right the wrongs of his corrupt father & save the world (his words). Things wasn't always as they seemed, Oliver learnt many things had happened since he had been on the island, and not everyone was willing to forget things.
Oliver queen became Arrow - the vigilante, dressed in a green suit, hood & mask. Although, He doesn't do this alone, in fact he has help from many friends/vigilantes along the way. Including Diggle, his main friend. Felicity, she's pretty much Oliver's soul mate and receptionist in one. Roy, Suited in red, joins Arrow to fight the bad guys.

I watched Arrow when it first came out on TV, after the first episode I was addicted. The gripping story line of not knowing what had happened to Oliver on the island made me want to watch more. I ended up missing a few episodes on the TV, so decided instead I would buy the DVD and watch the hole run at once.
I brought the first season from Tesco for £20. which I thought was a bargain.

Once I got home, I took the clear film from around the case and slid out the dvd case from the other case it was inside. Upon inspection I noticed that there were 5 discs inside. I took out disc one which I then noticed that on the inside of the case shown writing which explained how many episodes where on each disc, what they where about and the name of the episode.

The DVD is marked age 15 due to the content that is played on the discs, including uncut scenes. Each episode last for around 45-50 minutes. The run time being 932 minutes for the whole of season 1.

On the back of the dvd case it also explains that there are many features on the DVD, including Arrow; fightschool, Arrow comes alive, Arrow Cast & Unaired scenes.
This in my opinion is very interesting, as we do not have to wonder how some of the fights where filmed, as we can watch them on the dvd in our own time.

In my opinion I think the DVD is deifinatly worth the money, I have already brought season 2 & now im waiting on season 3. Its definatley an action packed series, and Is well worth watching.

From my point of view, I cannot think of a disadvantage, I enjoyed the series from start to end, and I found the storyline gripping.

cast members.

Slade Wilson - Manu Bennett
Malcolm Merlin - John Barrowman
Loral - Katie Cassidy

• DodoRabbit published 06/02/2015
    I might get round to watching this, it's a quality show!
  • sammy.sisson published 16/01/2015
    Great review and very helpful. I may have to put this on my list of tv shows to watch
  • ladyofflame published 16/01/2015
    Solid review, haven't heard of this - sounds interesting. Welcome to Ciao :-)

offers "Arrow Season 1 (DVD)"