Review of "Arsenal"

published 04/01/2001 | brianlfc
Member since : 08/11/2000
Oh well, thought I'd pop by to see how all you folks are doing :) Kate is now 9 months old and is a little darling :)
Pro Unbelievably talented squad
Cons Very erratic form
Physical Effort
Skill
Are they fun to watch?
Quality of defence
Quality of attack

"Whats gone wrong with the Arsenal"

What the hell has gone wrong at the Arsenal, I had them down as Champions for this season, and even had a small wager on them (on the basis that I want anyone but Man United to win the League), as I think my team Liverpool are much to in-experienced to win themselves.
Anyway all seemed to be going OK up until the last month or so, since when their away form has been drastic.

When you look at Arsenals squad, you think to yourself, "They are badly under-achieving" this season, but WHY?

They have in Arsene Wenger, one of the most astute managers in the world, and a very good coach.

They have an unbelievably talented squad, with players like the superb Thiery Henry, the very crafty and skilful Denis Bergkamp, Tony Adams (although he seem to be gettong too old now), Martin Keown, Silvinhio, Kanu, Seaman, Parlour and the best midfielder in the world (bar Steven Gerrard LOL) in Patrick Vierra, the list goes on with players of very high calibre.

I know they have had quite a few injuries, but I dont think this is the problem, it just seems they fail to play away from home, with Man United 11 points clear, Liverpool and Arsenal playing too inconsistent and Leeds and Chelsea struggling badly, it looks like we have another year of misery with United winning the League OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Oh well heres hoping Arsenal (along with Liverpool) go on a similar run that they did a few years back, when they snatched the league off United. Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.

• witchwaysup published 06/01/2001
    Ouch! This opinion hurt! Nevertheless, true, true! (How did you guess I was a Gunners fan?)
  • ImogenW published 04/01/2001
    All true, but try being a Chelsea fan...
  • jonwhite published 04/01/2001
    I ask myself the same question. There is no real consistency in their game this year. My family are all Gunners and like you would dearly love to see United beaten in the league. Oh well, next year?

offers "Arsenal"