Art Naturals Thermal Hair Protector

Review of "Art Naturals Thermal Hair Protector"

published 05/04/2016 | catsholiday
Member since : 03/03/2003
Reviews : 1958
Family and days of childminding now keeping me busy but I keep on rating more than writing. Thank you anyone who is kind enough to read then rate my reviews, especially those Es.
Pro Makes my hair feel soft and is all natural too
Cons May not be good for those with very fine or thin hair
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?
Conditioning?

"Conditioning into my hair Art naturally"

Art Naturals Thermal Hair Protector

Recently I have been fortunate enough to be able to get quite a few Art Naturals products at reduced prices through an Amazon review site. This was one of the products I bought recently.

ABOUT ART NATURALS

Art Naturals is an American company based in Los Angeles. Their mission is to:
“Use premium organic and natural ingredients for long-term beauty resolutions.” They are “ always on the lookout for the latest, healthiest and most natural ingredients to combat the negative effects of external and internal factors on the hair, face, skin, nails and overall health. “

All of their products: “offer quality, natural products with exceptional beauty results”.

ArtNaturals offer and 100% satisfaction guarantee and if you are not happy you can return the product and get a full refund so you can’t ask for more than that in my opinion.

ArtNaturals promise they only sell “safe, healthy and ethically conscious products” and they also say all their packaging is made with recycled materials and is then recyclable.
All their ingredients are vegan certified, paraben free and cruelty free.

BUYING THIS

This can be bought through Amazon and costs £13.95. Postage is extra unless you are a Prime member or make your order up to the £20 to get free postage.
The product comes in a recyclable brown plastic bottle with a spray dispenser and holds 236 ml or 8 oz of the product.

ABOUT THIS PRODUCT

The full title for this product on Amazon is “Art Naturals Thermal Hair Protector 236ml - Best Protective Spray against Flat Iron Heat - Contains 100% Organic Argan Oil Preventing Damage, Breakage & Split Ends ”

I was kind of expecting a clear oil products but in fact the product is a thin creamy consistency so doesn’t really spray out but more squirts out and I squirt it on my hand then rub it through my hair, you couldn’t spray it directly onto your hair .

Like all ArtNaturals products this is cruelty free and carries the leaping bunny symbol and the container is recyclable.

WHY BUY THIS?

Well I got this at huge discount so that was my incentive but the product is designed to protect your hair when using things like straighteners and curling irons.

This acts as a leave in conditioner and heat protection in one product and it protects your hair from both heat damage from electric styling appliances and also from sun damage so a good one to take when going on a beach holiday.

MY EXPERIENCE

Firstly I do use both a hair dryer and straighteners as my hair is really thick and curly. It is also dry and course so does need lots of conditioning to make it look healthy and shiny. I use this on my damp hair as it saves me using a conditioner that I rinse out. I towel dry my hair then apply a little of this through my hair with my fingers and then a broad tooth comb. I then dry my hair and follow that with a run through with the straighteners to smooth my hair rather than straighten it.

This product actually protects the hair by “creating a shield of moisture and protection for silky smooth and vibrant hair even after extreme heat exposure.”

This is a 100% natural product and it is full of lovely natural oils as well as extracts of rosemary, peach, thyme, sage, and ginseng so it is full of nourishing ingredients that are good for your hair and also smells pretty good too.

Although this looks like a thinnish cream it is quite a light product and doesn’t make my hair feel heavy or weighed down at all when I use it. My hair feels soft and looks healthy and even has a shine to it.

I am trying not to wash my hair every day and by using this and the straighteners I am managing to wash my hair only every second day so not stripping it of its natural oils as often.

I do know that drying and straightening my hair can damage the hair strands hence using this to prevent my hair becoming brittle, cracked, and split which it could as it is so dry and course.

Because this is made from natural oils it helps the hair repair itself and protect it from the effects of heat damage by infusing each hair strand with natural oils and proteins so working with the hair’s own natural oils and it also creates a protective barrier too.

I have noticed that by using this regularly my hair feels softer and looks shinier and doesn’t seem to frizz as much as it used to.

According the Art Naturals their “natural extracts of rosemary, peach, thyme, sage, and ginseng provide deep layers of moisture helping your hair to absorb the vital proteins and rich compounds of pro¬vitamins and key amino acids found in our formula.”

I love the way this product works on my hair and it also makes it smell fresh and pleasant too. Because it is all natural I don’t feel like I am creating layers of chemicals on my hair nor am I harming the environment as this is eco f being all natural.

I am also happy to know that the packaging is made with recycled materials and is recyclable too.

All the ingredients are vegan certified, paraben-free and this has the leaping bunny symbol on the container so is cruelty-free too.

I think if you had thin, lank hair this may be a bit heavy for daily use and you may need to use less each time or you might find your hair being weighed down and looking greasy.

The ingredients list is long and many ingredients I recognise as being in hair products and conditioners such as pro vitamin b5 panthenol, wheat protein, panax ginseng root extract and ginkgo biloba extract. If you want to know the full list it is on the product description on amazon.

I am very happy with how this works on my hair and it even helps my hair not frizz when I go out in damp air if I have used this and straightened my hair before going out.

RECOMMENDED?

I would say this is a perfect product for anyone with thick dry hair and someone who used curling tongs or straighteners. I would think it may not be great for someone with thin hair but maybe if only a small amount is used they will get the benefits without the heaviness.

I am happy with the company’s ethics and the fact they use all natural ingredients and are cruelty free.

Thanks for reading.