Asda Café

Atmosphere
Standard of Service
Cleanliness

"Asda cafe mmmmmmmmm..."

I just have to share my experience of Asda's cafe. I arrived at Asda to do my monthly shopping after a 40 minute journey and didn't feel very well. My husband decided that a cup of tea was in order so we went into the cafe. I found a seat and sat down, unfortunately, the seat I chose was near the entrance so I felt a draft everytime the door opened which was quite often.

They had just finished serving breakfasts so when my husband went to order some food he was asked if he could wait for a few minutes until they got the lunch time food out. And it was just a couple of minutes.
He then ordered a jacket potato for me with prawn filling and a side salad. Steak pie and chips for him and two teas. Total bill £5.90.

The portions were very big and I couldn't finish mine. (And I can eat a big meal) My husband only just managed his. My salad was very nice, and the potato was cooked perfectly. And there was plenty of filling. My husband said that his steak pie had large chunks of meat in it and the pastry didn't give him heartburn which usually happens. The chips were not too greasy and not too dry either. As for the tea, it was perfect and the meal really picked me up and made me ready to shop.
The tables were cleared quickly and quietly.

The service was excellent.
The food was tasty
The price was very reasonable
Well worth a visit.

Just to add, there were a great variety of meals and snacks on sale in cafe from the humble sandwich to steak pies, childrens meals and vegetarian meals all at reasonable prices. Soft drinks, milk and the usual tea and coffee too. For a supermarket cafe this was a real treat.

UPDATE:
I have been trying other cafes in other supermarkets and for cleanliness and prices Asda still has the better quality. There are cheaper meals in other cafes but the service and the cleanliness of others are not in this league. Others are dearer for the meals but just as clean and have helpful staff too. Asda still comes out on top for me.

• Dardalius published 03/02/2003
    Always good value and good food. Ta
  • Ophelia published 04/12/2002
    I am a fan of Tesco's cafe!
  • andycharger published 04/12/2002
    I often wander past but never in. I always think tha tif you are going to a cafe, you would not go to the supermarket to do so or you would end up buying the world!

Product Information : Asda Café