cityskybl... 2

cityskyblue

Member since:26.12.2006

This asda better not be it

18.04.2007

Advantages:
Conveniant

Disadvantages:
poor selection

Recommendable No:

2. tayloa22
  1. costas1234
  2. carysb
  3. ilusvm

Well I am going to try and be neutral in this review but it will be difficult because Asda cafe at our local Asda is not the best and it would struggle to be on any recommended list. Now I am basing this on the Ashton under Lyne Asda cafe, so if your local one is any better then I am sorry but I can only judge by mine.

The plus side to the cafe is that they are conveniant. When are in the middle of shopping and you are start feeling a bit hungry and trust me with my wife shopping is an adventure.

It is 5.00pm and we have just spent two hours in the supermarket shopping and spent £60.00 on stuff that according to my wife we need. So feeling a bit hungry and tired and in need of a rest, we decided to get something to eat.

We grab a tray each look at the menu on the wall and order a tuna jacket potato for my wife and chicken and chips for me. "Sorry no tuna" said the young man but we do have beans. Disappointed my wife has beans with her potato. With two "medium" sized cokes it comes to £7.25. Ok this is not bad.

Sitting down is a bit like an obstacle course, trying to push a shopping trolley and a tray of food around a cafe is not easy.

Having finally sat down we tuck in. The beans tase like the smart price range, the chips taste like they have been reheated.
The chicken is dry.

So my time in an Asda cafe was not great. And I realise that at five o'clock in the afternoon the range of food is not going to be great. But this a supermarket cafe surely if they are running short they just pop to the supermarket and get some. The Ashton Under Lyne supermarket is open twenty four hours a day so they should have enought food and supplies to last twenty four hours.

Ok I do not want to sound totally negative about the cafe, so the good points are the staff are friendly and do try to be helpful. But when we went there was just one person on. to serve the food and to run across to the till.

I do think that having cafes in supermarkets is a great idea, but they Asda do not seem to take this one at Ashton seriously. My suggestion is they take a look at it and organise it better and have fresh food not reheated.

I just want to wish all the staff at asda all the best because I know you are just doing your job and you are on the whole very friendly easy to approach and this is not aimed at you but the management.

Finally I want to thankyou all for reading this and your local Asda cafe maybe better than mine and to be honest it would not be difficult

joe-survey 17.01.2008 22:35

My wasn't too bad actually, but i don't remember because last time i went was years ago. Great review.

tayloa22 28.10.2007 10:05

My local Asda has made some changes recently to the caf'e, and sadly its still shite.

carysb 29.05.2007 21:58

Sounds crazy. Different store but good idea. My local Morrisons has a cafe and it has trolley holders so that trolleys neednt be pushed around the cafe getting in peoples way - i think its something like £1 for you to lock your trolley in a cubicle which you then get back (as you do with the £1 in the trolley) when you unlock it. C>