Review of "Asda Hands Off My Biccy Bites"

published 07/09/2009 | sarahbarrow
Member since : 11/05/2007
Well that was the longest couple of weeks break I've ever had! xx
Pro Very nearly the same as a Twix, but much cheaper.
Cons The caramel doesn't ooze!
Smell
Product Quality

"Hands off...MINE!!"

Always being on the lookout of cheap and cheerful things that my children can take in their lunchboxes to school or at present there childcare club, I jumped at the chance of buying the product I will now review, due in part to the special offer price and also due to the fact that my mother in law has brought them before for my kids an they really enjoyed them.

The product I will now review is - “Asda’s, hands off my biccy bites!”

These are to all intents and purposes Asda’s own brand of Twix’s, albeit smaller in size and much cheaper.

The one’s I am reviewing are packaged in two’s but they are available in single sticks too.

Anyway, the one’s I am viewing come in twos, with there being 7x42g packs within a multipack.

The packet is a distinctive green colour, with all the relevant information present, product name, contents, and all the usual Asda information, free from artificial colours, flavours an free from hydrogenated fats.
There is also a picture of the product oozing seductively with caramel.

Within the outer there are 7 individually wrapped twin sticks, these are a lot smaller than Twix bars, being around half the size, this to me is perfect for the kids as even though they could eat a large one, I don’t really want them to!

The sticks look exactly like there more expensive cousin, the chocolate completely enveloping the bar with a ridge like effect across the top.
When bitten into, the chocolate is not that thick a covering but enough is there to hide the thick and crunchy biscuit base and thick caramel topping.

First off after a good chomble on one, the picture of the oozing caramel is a little false, as even when not put into the fridge, the caramel stays pretty well set, aside from that fact though these were delicious.

The nutritional information is as follows -
Per bar,
100 kcal,
13g carbohydrate,
9.2g of which sugars,
4.8g fat,
2.9g of which saturates.

The allergy advice states that this product contains gluten, milk, wheat and soya, these may also contain nuts and/or seeds.

Pricewise at present they are available for £1.00, this is the same through the rest of the range with there being copy sweets including bounties, milky ways and snickers.

For more information visit - www.asda.co.uk

Thanks for reading x

• greenierexyboy published 14/09/2009
    Now there's a name that veritably doesn't roll off the tongue.