Asda Kettle BBQ 43CM

Asda Kettle BBQ 43CM

Outdoor Barbecues - Charcoal - Standard Construction - Kettle - Shelf Position: Bottom

Review of "Asda Kettle BBQ 43CM"

published 19/04/2012 | MEL0611
Member since : 24/09/2009
Mummy to be, bubba due end of March...watch out for Nappy reviews!!!!
Pro Easy to use, easy to build, good space to cook on. Safe to operate
Cons None really from me, perhaps a little lightweight
Performance
Safety

"Asda Kettle BBQ......"

I have mentioned how we enjoy nothing more than having a barbeque in a couple of my previous reviews. I like nothing better than having a bite to eat in the great outdoors and when we go camping the trusty BBQ comes with us. I like the taste of food that had been cooked on a charcoal BBQ the best and this is why we like our Asda Kettle BBQ, we got it a couple of years ago and it has come with us on a couple of trips as well as being used in the garden when our gas bottle ran out the once! Here are my thoughts on the product.

As I mentioned, I am reviewing my Asda Kettle BBQ, the 43cm one and so the product is exclusive to the Asda store. We picked up the product in store but it can be purchased online as well for home delivery. The BBQ when we brought it a couple of years ago cost us just £18.00, unbelievable I know, even with the prices on the up, if you purchase it today it will cost you just £20.00. I really think that this is an excellent price and when you compare it to the price of other kettle BBQ’s such as those in garden centres, I think it is a good deal.

The product came well packaged and once I had taken it out of the cardboard box, there were a couple of things that needed to be assembled; I can’t remember how long exactly it took to get together and I am no expert at DIY but it was quite a quick process and we had it built within half an hour. Once built you will see that it is a sleek design, the BBQ being black and red in colour and it is made from steel. I am not sure what it’s like if left out in wind and rain as we tend to put it in the garage if not in use.

The BBQ is basically on two wheels and there is a small storage grill at the bottom. The BBQ opens by lifting a lid and this reveals the grill where you do the cooking and then there is also a separate warming rack. Even though the design is really simple, I like this because it makes it all the easier to operate and start using. There is a removable ash catcher so after you have been using the BBQ you are then able thrown away the remains of the charcoal.

We have always found the BBQ really easy and most importantly safe to use. As I have mentioned, we have taken the BBQ on camping trips with us before now, it is quite light to move around but at the same time it is also sturdy, we use it on our decking and it stands well. As I mentioned, this is a 43cm in diameter BBQ and for most of the time, we tend to either cook for the two of us or a couple of friends and we have found that there is plenty of space to be able to cook on, I can get a entire pack of sausages cooking as well as the odd burger thrown in as well.

After use, as I mentioned, you can close the lid and then remove the charcoal tray so it is really easy to keep this looking clean and tidy. I did buy a cheap cover as well for this if I don’t manage to get it in the garage; it just prevents it from going rusty.

In summary, I am more than happy to recommend this BBQ, it is a great purchase, low cost and easy and safe to use.

4 out of 5 from me