Asda (Shop)

Asda (Shop)

Review of "Asda (Shop)"

published 06/09/2002 | SHUNZ1
Member since : 05/09/2002
Pro Asda is open 24 hours a day 5 days a week, so you have a lot more time to do your shopping.
Cons You can't buy any alcohol after 11pm and its too crowded in the day time, best to shop in the evening or early hours.
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"ASDA 24 HOUR SHOPPING, 5 DAYS A WEEK, STRESS FREE."

We have had an Asda store in my town of Burnley in Lancashire in the North West of England for quite some time now. I used to hate doing my shopping there especially in the day time. You must know what I'm talking about, screaming kids wanting their own way all the time, long queues at the check-outs, aisles so full of people you could hardly move and the occasional bout of trolley rage! Yeah we've all been there.

However, in July this year my Asda store did the best thing it could possibly do. We now have a store which is open 24 hours a day 5 days a week, but saying this it is open on Saturday too until 8pm, and then Sunday 10am until 4pm. I now have the option to do my shopping if I want to at 3am in the morning during the week, 2 words, such bliss! I tell you this, it's so wonderful to have a food store all to yourself. You have the time to explore all the brands of foods which are very easy to find when the store is quiet and you can stand and admire the chocolate aisle all night long if you want to.

What can I say, Asda has come a long way in such a short period of time with whats on offer other than cheap food which is by the way, good value for money. You can now buy your favorite films on DVD, pick up any of the albums on cd which are in the charts, you can buy good quality clothing at cheap prices and if your television set, video recorder or DVD player goes on the blink, you can buy one of these appliances from its electrical aisle too.

What more can you ask for, you get the best of everything in Asda. The only thing I think which is wrong with this store is you can't buy any alcohol after 11pm, which isn't really the fault of Asda its due to the British liscencing laws.

All in All Asda is an excellent place to do your shopping. The staff are more friendly and relaxed in the evening and you can shop until you drop all night long, stress free if you want to.

• Candymarie published 08/09/2002
    Welcome to Ciao, good op.
  • Louise90 published 06/09/2002
    It certainly is very handy being open 24-hours. Like you, I much prefer to do my shopping in the night time. It's a lot less hassle! Louise.
  • mattygroves published 06/09/2002
    Hi - firstly - welcome to Ciao! I'm sure you'll have fun here...re the op - you have an excellent start, but for those high ratings, you need a bit more detail - what's the layout of the shop like - can you easily find what you need (don't you HATE it when shops move everything around once every six weeks, so you can never find anything *grin*) - how helpful are the staff, how are the prices...things like that. I work near an Asda (NW London) - that Asda is a true Khazi!!!! If you add to this op, please leave a note in my GB, and I'll gladly re-read! Cheers, Kate

Product Information : Asda (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 01/08/2000