Asda Smart Price Sandwich Toaster

Asda Smart Price Sandwich Toaster

Sandwich- / Waffle Makers / Grills

Review of "Asda Smart Price Sandwich Toaster"

published 01/05/2012 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Pretty much everything and look at the price of it!
Cons Bulky machine, short power able and I hate cleaning these things!
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"A Smartly Priced Sandwich Maker!"

At the moment in my kitchen I have two sandwich toasters and although I am very happy with my usual one this got given to me from my neighbours when they moved out and so I thought I would see if it was any better than my usual one really and I think its great so I have now relegated my old one to an already overcrowded cupboard and decided to use this one instead as it looks cleaner, fresher and newer than my other one!

Because this was given to me I didn't get this in its original box. It did have an instrution leaflet in it though which told me everything I needed to know and I'd have only slung the box anway! The sandwich toaster I have is the Asda 'Smart Price' one which is a basic white, 2 sandwich maker model.

The Sandwich Toaster:

When I found out online that this only cost £4.64 for such a thing I didn't expect much from it at all. Its fair to say its a rather clumbersome item and not as sleek as I would have liked it to be but it looks ok with its white plastic finish and large white clasp to the front of it and two lights to the right hand side of it on the top of it, one red that tells us when its heating up and green when its ready to use. The inside of it is black non stick coated and I did at first wonder how I was going to make a decent sandwich as I use regular sized slices of bread and this didn't appear to be all that large and the depth of the sandwich cut outs isn't huge either! The only slight negative I have with this apart from its chunky size is the stupid short length of power lead you get with it. To me this is rather short and I would appreiate a bit more of it!

Using It:

Using it is really simple. I use butter on my bread or a combination of low fat spread and cooking oil (however if I don't use butter I have to watch my sandwich/s like a hawk as they are prone to sticking more) and so prefer to use butter usually. So my buttered sides goes on the non stick plates, my filling in the middle and then I close the machine and keep an eye on it till my sandwiches are hot and golden.

This is a bit smaller than I'm used to and I do have to ut my bread down slightly to fit in it and be careful not to overdo the fillings or I can't easily shut the machine. My favourites are cheese and onion, cheese and tomato, ham and cheese and that sort of thing. Cheese melts nicely in here though my hips hate it lol and all in all I get one or two (depending on how muh of a pig I want to be!) golden, lined, triangle sarnies which are lovely though be careful the filling relly does get hot an an burn you!

I allow my machine to cool down alot and then I simply wipe it throughly with a cloth as it cannot be submerged into water. This unit does get really grotty and the leaning is a bit of a pest but it is worth the effort to get tummy, toasty sandwiches I say!

This is a nice enough sadnwich maker and really economy without looking overly cheap or feeling it. It is a bit bigger than I think it needs to be but it does make me lovely, hot sandwiches each and every time I use it!

Available from Asda stores and from Asda.com

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• Nar2 published 01/05/2012
    I like toastie machines at this price! Paying £30 for a cheese toastie machine just seems so wrong!
  • danielse published 01/05/2012
    "this got given to me from my neighbours" Wow. Your opening paragraph has to be one the best examples of appalling, unpunctuated, ungrammatical bobbins I have ever read on Ciao. The rest of your review is equally "clumbersome".
  • nickbrown60 published 01/05/2012
    This sounds like a bargain at that price! X