nikz 5

nikz

Member since:06.07.2001

WHY GO ANYWHERE ELSE

11.07.2001

Advantages:
prices stay low and all you want under 1 roof

Disadvantages:
could take away a lot of custom from other shops

6 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Louise90
  2. Boris
  3. gemini26

What can i say about asda , one way to sum it up would be to say its a shop that has everything under one roof and they dont charge the earth for there products either.

We just recentley had an asda built near where i live and the first thing i thought was this shop wasn't going to last 5 mintues because the shop was the biggest supermarket i'd ever seen and i though as with all other new shops they would have special offers on in the first couple of weeks then the offers would fizzle out and people would go back to there old cheap and reliable supermarkets, how wrong i was.

The first day the shop opened i ventured in with my mother and my son (to check out the special offers). As we walked in we where greeted by very friendly staff stood at the entrance , which was a good start. As we walked in the first thing we came to was the clothes section which by itself is the size of 2 small shops, the clothes where very nice and up to date , not at all what you'd expect from a food shop but we went for a closer look to see just how much these clothes would cost us to buy. Now i am not ashamed to tell that i am not the richest person in the world and cant afford to pay the earth for my families clothes and when i looked i realised i didn't have to if i bought my clothes from here. They where extremely affordable prices and already i had 2 items in my trolly for my 14 month old son.

As we progressed through the shop the next thing we came to was what looked like a music / video store, it had all the latest c.d's and videos aswell as selling video recorders, televisions and hi fi systems all at very competative prices, and with the latest released video's selling at only £11.99 i know where i'll b going in the future.

After this we came to the food which also included curry counters, fresh chicken counters, bakery, salad bar, garden furniture section, baby section the prices continued to be very competative and as well as selling all the brand names they also had the option of asda home brand which come down even more in price. I cant tell you the prices of every single item in the shop but like i said i dont have a lot of money and everything was within my price range (even the brand names).

While i was in the shop i had to ask for assistance to find the baby food and when i approached a man and asked where the food was he was extremely cheerful and friendly and took me straight to where i needed to be and when we got there i thanked him and he joked that the only problam now was i had to decide which pot of food to buy (because there was that many to choose from).

When i got to the counters there where that many that although the shop was packed full of people there wasn't a lot of waiting to do, also there was a not just a person on each till there was a person at the end of each till to help pack your bags.

On the way out we also passed a section that sold papers and cigarettes, an opticions, a photo shop and a cafe, also toilets that catered for everyone (babies and disabled)

I'd say the only down side to this shop is that other shops may suffer because to me this shop has everything you could possibly want under 1 roof and at very good prices ,so i wont be trecking round the town centre anymore when i can buy it all under 1 roof.

.........and yes the special offers have stayed and i dont think people will be returning to there old reliable shops because they've found a new one.

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

Louise90 02.09.2004 18:30

I love shopping is Asda. They're really cheap. Louise. x

Boris 04.08.2001 19:47

This is a great op, it is really helpful as I am moving into a new house soon and I have to forsake my old supermarket. With an Asda just 5 mins away I know that I will be able to get everything I want Cheers -Matt

Bevdav 11.07.2001 16:04

Only problem is you think oh thats good, and end up spending too much money. I know I do that every week.