Asda [TV Advertisement]

Asda [TV Advertisement]

Review of "Asda [TV Advertisement]"

published 23/02/2004 | premier407
Member since : 11/01/2004
Pro Cheap, but not by a huge amount
Cons Horrible theme tune!
Style
Clarity of message & brand identity
Quality of Concept
Soundtrack
Special Effects

"ASDA on TV & the asda tune"

Everytime i see the start of and asda advert i immediatly turn the sound on my TV off, as the theme tune is so bad!!!

It's been the same for years, and it stays in your head for so long after - trouble is it's just awful! I've noticed that the few times i've been into asda they play in (on a variety of instruments mind you!) every few minuites and it drives me mad.

Their adverts are irritating, especially the roleback ones because they never show you the NEW rolled back price, just the old price and a load of numbers rolling round. If you were to do a comparison, you'd find that most products only get rolled back a penny or so, hardly worth advertising so much.

I think that they use some very clever forms of advertising, like the change in the back pocket thing (despite the fact most people pay by card, not cash) and the rolling back numbers (when really the price goes back a penny or two), but why do people fall for it?

It's a tacky shop, which takes business away from other, better, shops. They're always advertising themselves as cheaper, so do people just buy everything in there without checking to see what other shops are priced at? A lot of things are the same price in Waitrose for goodness sake! Most everyday things are no cheaper in asda than other supermarkets, so why do people go there?? baffles me.

• joshtfs published 10/07/2006
    I think that the tune on Asda Adverts is really good. I understand what you mean about it being about for years but now, they've gone more upmarket
  • meldee published 23/02/2004
    Doo doo do do do, ching ching
  • JessL published 23/02/2004
    I thought the Christmas ads with Julie Walters were quite sweet!

Product Information : Asda [TV Advertisement]