Asos Numph Oversized Jumper

Asos Numph Oversized Jumper

Knit/Hoodie/Pullover

Review of "Asos Numph Oversized Jumper"

published 25/06/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Comfy, looks good, good quality
Cons RRP is ridiculous!
Design/Style

"Numph Oversized Jumper"

I know that it's technically summer now, but when I saw this jumper on the ASOS sale page, I decided to get it anyway and save it for the winter. As it is, I've actually got quite a bit of wear out of it already due to how cold and rainy it's been for the past week!! I managed to get this jumper at a bargain price - £21 reduced from the RRP of £50.40. Although I do like this jumper, there's no chance that I would pay the full price - £50 for such a basic, casual jumper is absolutely ridiculous in my opinion. I am however happy with the price that I got it for and wish I'd got one in each colour!

The jumper is available in two colours - dark grey which looks almost dark chocolate brown in the ASOS picture and red, which I decided to get as I loved the look of it. It's a nice bright post box red shade and is much more eye catching than the grey one would of been. Also, colour block is really in fashion at the minute which is also why I chose the red one. The jumper is described by Numph as a winter warmer which is a 'real wardrobe staple'. The jumper is designed to be oversized with a slouchy, relaxed fit making it versatile enough to be worn on its own as a dress or as a jumper.

The jumper is a chunky knit jumper with textured detailing which I love as it's so soft and cosey - it's like being wrapped up in a knitted blanket! The neckline has quite a deep scoop which is very wide, this is fine in the weird weather we're currently having but in winter I would probably layer a tee shirt or vest underneath so that my chest area doesn't get cold. The jumper has eight small holes on the front and back of the jumper near the shoulder area. This might put some people off it but I personally really like it as it adds a bit of detail and 'edge' to the jumper in my opinion.

The sleeves of the jumper are very oversized with a puffy, floaty kind of fit and the sleeve cuffs are fitted which I was not particullary keen on at first but I quite like them now because again, they add a bit of detail to the jumper. Length wise, this is really long and comes just past my knees. I was a little worried at first that it would make me look short and stubby but it actually looks really nice. I'm only around 5'3/5'4 so on taller girls it will obviously be shorter. Although it's long, I am still easily able to style it and it's really versatile. It looks good with anything really - tights, leggings, jeans etc but as it's so long it is pointless wearing it with shorts as it'll look like you're just wearing the jumper.

The jumper is 100% acrylic and is nice and soft and good quality. I found it suprising how expensive this is seeing as it's not wool or cotton but it is good quality and it doesn't have a harsh texture to it at all like some of the cheaper acrylic jumpers that I have. It is machine washable and washes well - no bobbles so far at all, nor has the colour faded. Size wise, this is available in sizes 8-16 and I would reccomend getting your usual size rather than a size bigger as it is very oversized and would look silly in a size bigger. Overall, I am really happy with this jumper as it is lovely and comfy and it looks good too. I would not pay the full price of fifty pounds though as it's not anything special/unique and it is quite basic in design.

Summary: 4/5

• Jake_Speed published 27/06/2012
    Nifty review.
  • PerfectPeaches01 published 25/06/2012
    Just as good on this side x