Asos.com

Clothing & Accessories

Review of "Asos.com"

published 29/03/2007 | BananaMan111
Member since : 03/01/2004
Pro Loads of fashion for the ladies!
Cons Are the prices higher because they are what the celebrities wear?

"One for the ladies"

Asos.com, short for "As Seen on Screen" is a web site selling clothes, jewellery and accessories mainly for women that stars have been seen wearing. It was brought to my attention by my girlfriend who had heard about it through a friend. The web site is stocked with items that either mimic or are those worn by celebrities in real life or on screen, but at a lower price.

My girlfriend was amazed at the choice that was available, and that the prices were good, she spent a good hour browsing. To be honest, I see it as a jump on the band wagon of how modern society worships celebrities, and this is just another attempt to empty peoples pockets for this cause. But, the web site does have a vast amount of items, everything from socks to hats and it's good at what it is trying to achieve. So if you're into your fashion and celebrity fashion, this is definitely the site for you!

So what did I buy? I brought some earrings. They were reasonably priced and they were very good quality once we received them. Delivery took a couple of days, which is standard and on time for first class delivery. The item came in a branded ASOS catalogue bag, and the earrings themselves boxed to prevent them being damaged.

The order process is very quick and standard to most e-commerce web sites. You are also assured of security when placing credit card orders. After placing your order you receive a confirmation that your order has been placed. The best thing I like is that confirmation e-mail is sent once your order has been dispatched. This is something I always look for when buying online, communication to the customer is key, especially when buying online and sending your money electronically. From the despatch confirmation you can work out how long your purchase should take to get to you.

The design of the web site has a very modern and professional feel, and browsing the web site is easy. This site features a really clear navigation and images and descriptions accompany all the product listings. Everything is correctly categorised and you can easily find what you are looking for. The server is also pretty fast so there are no long waiting periods for pages to load.

In conclusion, a web site that offers loads, and presents itself very well, and follows through with first rate delivery times. It is a good idea for selling its items, but I still believe what I said before! I heard of this site through word of mouth, so the company is obviously doing something right. It could be a great resource for some gift ideas, and you can tell whomever you buy for who famous wears it or where it can be seen. A lot on this web site can't be found on the high street. Recommended to those who like this sort of thing!

Since I first started writing this review, we made a second purchase which was not suitable on arrival. We had to return an item, and our refund was processed straight away, so there was no problems there either!

• i_heart_elo published 05/02/2009
    I wish I had the extra dosh to go shopping on here!
  • Craigshadow12 published 30/07/2007
    Great Review! I take my hat off to you :D. Craig :♥D
  • Coloneljohn published 08/04/2007
    Nice one. Not sure if it's for me though but worth a look. John