Audi A3 1.8 T

Audi A3 1.8 T

Review of "Audi A3 1.8 T"

published 10/02/2002 | chunka
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Its a low cost car and cheap on the road
Cons Its a slower car than most which dosen't seem to shift
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Is it really an Audi"

This car to me when I first saw it looked like something brought out of the rubbish from Hyundai.

But when I got into this car I began to realise what it really had to offer.

The Security and the Safety are truely upto standards.
It comes with all the usual things to protect the car part from double or dead locks.

A disadvantage to the car is the way it shifts, the top speed is great for the car, 125mph. The acceleration seriously makes you feel unimpressed though, it does a 0-62mph in 9.7secs.

I was actually suprised due to it being a small car, but the weight seems to let it down.

The car is very nice inside, its very spacey with room to move though the seats aint really designed right, I felt a little uncomfortable.

When you buy the car it includes pratically everything apart from the essential.

It comes with the usual power steering but you have to pay extra for air conditioning and cruise control and a few other things.

The handling is pretty good actually. I found it was easy to turn and had its grip tight on the road. But then Audi are great for their handling. This is an advantage to the car.

I think anyone driving this car would find it easy to drive, only like I say the car isn't to familiar with shifting properly.

I have drove many Audi cars and I felt as though this was a car at hte lower end of the scale. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

So I beleive the car depends on who you are and what you intenbd to do with this car.

One final say is, try to find this car second hand if you really feel its for you. The low cost of the car is great.

It costs 37.08p per mile you drive and with it being well secure and very safe, the insurance is no worry to you and your wallet!

• sarsons published 28/10/2002
    Not bad intro, but info on what the car has to offer would have resulted in a higher rating. If you ever redo this op, please let me know and I'll reread it and review my rating :)
  • Paiceyjohn published 01/03/2002
    Much more info required for a big purchase like this.... Cheers, PJ
  • Bigbaz published 23/02/2002
    This one always looks to me like a squashed focus..Baz