Audi A4 1.9 TDI

Audi A4 1.9 TDI

Audi present the A4 1.9 TDI 4dr Saloon with 5 Speed Manual Gearbox, Front (FWD) running on Diesel

Review of "Audi A4 1.9 TDI"

published 25/02/2010 | timmmmd
Member since : 24/02/2010
Pro Looks, comfort, performance, fuel consumption
Cons None
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"Audi A4 TDI 1.9 - a brilliant driving experience"

I've driven Audi A4's for about 8 years now and I really think it's the best mid size saloon in its class.

My last two cars have both been the 1.9 TDI model and in my opinion you really can't go wrong with this car.

I traded in my 03 plate recently for a new car and the old one still drove like new, such is the reliability of the Audi brand. I had the old one for three years and had no serious problems with it at all.

The Audi dealership I deal with are always very courteous and efficient and they even fixed a boot catch fault for me at no charge which I thought was excellent customer service.

The A4 interior is plush, spacious and comfortable and all the controls, knobs and dials are chunky and feel well made.

The standard in car entertainment system is a radio and CD player of very high quality but if you are feeling flush the new models can be upgraded to a Bang & Olufsen sound system for around £550.

Most models now come with electric front and rear windows and electric wing mirrors and a handy feature if you have children is the ability to lock the rear windows from the driver's control panel.

My A4 has 5 gears but the higher range models have 6 and there is of course the automatic option.

The ride quality is excellent and the handling is superb. After buying my first A4 my next car was a Volvo which I traded in for another A4 within 6 months because I couldn't get on with the ride quality and wanted that Audi feel again.

My car has the cruise control option and the lever for this is well positioned and the controls are intuitive to allow operation by feel while driving which makes it safer.

The car looks brilliant, the Audi designers seem to have the knack of tweaking the design just enough every time to make it different without ruining the trademark A4 lines. If you go for the S Line model then it looks even sexier.

The fuel consumption of the TDI is the reason I went for this car. I get around 45 miles to the gallon including both motorway and urban driving which I think is very good. For a long motorway run this consumption figure is even better.

This car is not the fastest (though there are other A4 models that deliver in that department) but if you want a solid comfortable cruising saloon for doing a lot of mileage in style then you have to go a long way to improve on the Audi A4 TDI.

• dynamicnurse published 25/02/2010