Review of "Audi TT Coupe quattro"

published 14/03/2001 | hakkved
Member since : 01/02/2001
Pro smooth and sleek
Cons I don't have enough money
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Sleek Beauty"

The Audi TT Quattro is a serious beauty of a sports car which reverts me to a drooling wreck everytime I see one. The design is completely different from other Audi’s on the market but yet still unmistakably Audi.

The TT is available as either a coupe or roadster design – both are equally cool. The appeal is easy to see from the outside. It’s clear rounded shapes form it’s bold and dramatic style coupled with the traditional interlinked four-ring logo. In my mind the front view of the car reminds me of pandas! What? I hear you cry! I think it’s probably something to do with the black windowed headlights mimicking the panda’s black patched eyes.

I have to admit I don’t own one, have never been in one and can’t drive but I have it on good authority that the TT is a real classic sports car, both fast and manoeuvrable on the outside and an interior of leather upholstery and aluminium detail.

Standard equipment in the roadster includes an electrically powered soft top and rollover protection hoops. Added extras range from alloy wheels, cruise control (any speed above 25mph held at a constant speed), Driver’s Information System (DIS) – a digital display from an on-board computer, and a satellite navigation system. The scary bit is obviously the price. This could range from £27,000 for the coupe to £33,000 for the roadster. Help! I know this is completely unattainable to me but I can dream can’t I – either that or write millions of reviews for ciao and raise enough money that way!!??!!

• sarsons published 29/10/2002
    Not bad intro, but info on what the car has to offer would have resulted in a higher rating (eg comfort, ride, equipment, insurance costs etc.). If you ever redo this op, please let me know and I'll reread it and review my rating :) although if you don't own or drive the car, it may be difficult to do this.
  • yhwman published 18/03/2001
    The only thing I don't like about this is that it's kinda hard to tell what direction it's facing in black and white. Same goes for the Porsche Boxster, I noticed it once when I was filming a model Boxster... don't ask :)
  • jelightfoot published 15/03/2001
    They don't cost £33,000 anymore. Even the 225 bhp Roadster version is under £30,000. You can pick up a personal import for around £22-26,000.